Closed Thread
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Yeah that's a good point, it would've been good to get at least some answers before the event, but we may have left our run too late.
I'm of two minds on that really, interested to hear what others think....
Honestly we accuse Dave of being impatient and we can't wait a few days to see Slush for ourselves? If our deadline is 16/11 wouldn't it seem Dave-esque behaviour

Let's get "tough" questions for them instead post-Slush; that would show our propensity to be just not mere questioner's but critical ones to boot...They answer to our expectations its good; they don't they just serve to spread pessimism among a very important Community...

Put your subject on the ropes; remember; it'll get you the most honest answers

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
I'm concerned that they are too busy now, and won't have enough peace of mind to concentrate on hard questions. Plus, part of those in the list will for sure be answered on the event. I'm kind of leaning towards waiting to see what they say, trim out questions which will be clarified after the event, and then send the list when Jolla folks will be more relaxed.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
If we can agree to keep questions post-Slush can we also agree to be quick; maybe jalyst can announce here post-Slush for last entries...Within 3 days after Slush we send out a PDF Document for them to answer...

We make it clear this document is from the whole Community-at-large so they don't give us piecemeal answers and since they receive it 3 days after Slush they can't tell us to wait till their unveiling in December...

I'm afraid more discussions after Slush would mean a similar scenario like now whereby our questions would be sent pretty close to their unveiling event in December...

Preferably jalyst, you email it to them with a link to your TMO account They would then see its from someone who is a long-time respected member so the weight attached to it would be substantial...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Yep, if we move it post Slush, we should fix the date already now, to avoid any further delays. We can give them a few days, and send it out on Nov 25 sharp let's say.

Jolla knows about the community list (it's not news to them). I also suspect that they reviewed it a few times already. But they prefer an official channel to answer it, especially since it wasn't finalized yet.

We can CC Stskeeps just to be sure that it won't slip through the cracks.

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-11-13 at 03:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Jolla knows about the community list (it's not news to them). I also suspect that they reviewed it a few times already. But they prefer an official channel to answer it, especially since it wasn't finalized yet.
To me it seemed like they took it as a trollish list that they would rather not answer...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
No, they commented on the IRC that questions are hard, and most couldn't be answered too early (I guess before the event). So they do take it seriously, just couldn't answer it yet or didn't want to give a small partial answer I guess.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
I'm concerned that they are too busy now, and won't have enough peace of mind to concentrate on hard questions. Plus, part of those in the list will for sure be answered on the event. I'm kind of leaning towards waiting to see what they say, trim out questions which will be clarified after the event, and then send the list when Jolla folks will be more relaxed.
Okay unless others disagree (please offer a solid rationale, & please do so by no later than the 16th AustEST) lets aim to get a final draught to them by the 25/11 AustEST.
I hope some folks are still happy to manage the docs during that time, & remember everyone can add their content there until we lock them*, lets say by the 23/11?
This thread will remain active the whole time for discussing the content (or lack thereof) in the docs, & how best to organise/format, & formally present them.
Good points about keeping stskeeps in-the-loop & making it clear that it's coming from a person(s) well-known in the community, I did reference this thread when I nudged them a few days ago, so hopefully they at least read the 1st post.

*please be careful not to duplicate what others have already raised there.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
<SNIP>Lets aim to have it closed by 18/11 18:30 AustEST, that's exactly 1-week from when this thread was started.<SNIP>
#Face-palm#

I just realised this thread was started on the 8th not the 11th, so really the 15th should've been the deadline, with a possible extension by a day or two.
Still probably leaving it all a bit too late though I guess... Updated my earlier posts....

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-11-13 at 05:24. Reason: typo

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
On a side note, do you really want to post any potential answers to Maemo.org wiki, or in the light of latest concerns about various Wiki disappearances, and Maemo.org being "on the ropes", may be we can ask Mer folks to let us use some Mer wiki page for that? I'd prefer the later if it's acceptable.

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-11-13 at 18:20.

Maemo wiki is now in read only mode due fail in upgrade. Meego wiki is now up.

Anyway, I'd rather not rely on something that might evaporate tomorrow.

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
jolla, nokia-again?, not-so-open, totally closed, zipper is open