Notices

although folks down at gsmarena didn't give any rankings, chart does give a pretty good feel of who ranks where.

microB n900
android 2.0 (moto milestone)
opera mobile 9.7 (htc hd2)
safari iphone 3gs
webOS palm pre

you can view the whole article @ Browser Shootout

Last edited by niqbal; 2010-02-13 at 09:41.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
microb rocks
some little tweaks are still desired but in overall i have to say that it is a mighty little internet-buddy right now ^^

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Too bad they didn't test Firefox Mobile, as it works just fine.

Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
Too bad they didn't test Firefox Mobile, as it works just fine.
did i miss something?

microb uses the mozilla engine and is optified for the n900. it simply kicks ***.
but firefox is too big and slow compared to microb. i tested it and have to say that it was pretty bad. o.O

Microb just rocks. It's best at playing flash of any phone, but flash 10 could make that part much better than what it is now.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by b666m View Post
did i miss something?

microb uses the mozilla engine and is optified for the n900. it simply kicks ***.
but firefox is too big and slow compared to microb. i tested it and have to say that it was pretty bad. o.O
Well if you disable the quick-start of microB then you will get better comparisons. They start up in about the same time. Firefox also has Weave, which in my opinion, makes it superior to any other browser there is. Also, the GUI looks great, and with more extensions coming I know what browser I will use.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Microb rocks yeah, but it's javascript engine sucks :| Search for benchmarks and see it yourself on gmail and other javas "heavy" pages.

Fennec is pretty good on this area.

firefox (fennec) is almost the same as microb in javascript?! so it's pretty annoying. ^^

only the webkits like tear are pretty good with javascript. they are comparable with iphone's browser.

yeah, tear is SUPERFAST, but with some tweaks (adjusting memory cache), fennec becomes almost as fast for most sites.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by b666m View Post
firefox (fennec) is almost the same as microb in javascript?! so it's pretty annoying. ^^

only the webkits like tear are pretty good with javascript. they are comparable with iphone's browser.
Or maybe not:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=42090

Why don't you try javas benchmarks and see yourself that fennec gives totally different results.