Notices

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by rdorsch View Post
Hi gianko,

I think because they are missing in navit/navit/xpm/Makefile.am ... maybe other icons are missing in there as well (?).

My n900 build uses autotools, I suspect that cmake does not need this file.

Rainer
i think so, because i compiled Navit on Ubuntu with cmake and the new icons are included and converted in png correctly even if not included in navit/navit/xpm/Makefile.am

possible solutions ?
-using cmake also for N900 build ?
-i will submit a patch with the new icons in Makefile.am ?
-put precomputed pngs in the debian dir for the navit-data package?
-other?

thank u.

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Stuttgart, Germany
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
i think so, because i compiled Navit on Ubuntu with cmake and the new icons are included and converted in png correctly even if not included in navit/navit/xpm/Makefile.am

possible solutions ?
-using cmake also for N900 build ?
-i will submit a patch with the new icons in Makefile.am ?
-put precomputed pngs in the debian dir for the navit-data package?
-other?

thank u.
cmake would be the best solution. I tried some time back to use the cmake based build from the current debian package, but this relies on newer debian helper scripts. So I doubt that this will ever happen for the n900 (except somebody can help with this).

precomputed pngs are ugly from my perspective, since it requires additional scripting. The beauty could be that this might allow to upload navit to maemo extras.

My preference is a patch for Makefile.am (probably there are more than you icons missing and will appear). Will you try to make upstream accepting the patch. If yes, I hope they do, since they try to complete the migration to cmake...which is not a good outlook for my n900 builds.

Thanks,
Rainer

ok, i will try to submit a patch for Makefile.am, to see if they will implement on future releases (maybe is difficult, as they are forcing to use cmake and deprecating autotools, but who knows...)
if they don't , can you implement the patch in your built?

ps: in the meanwhile, they fixed the bug related to qt_qpainter: http://trac.navit-project.org/ticket/961

so i installed your latest packages for navit qt_qpainter and qml-gui, tried and it worked!

i modified two lines of navit.xml like this:
<graphics type="qt_qpainter"/>

<gui type="qml" enabled="yes" source="/opt/navit/share/navit/skins" icon_src="/opt/navit/share/navit/xpm/">

after a try, even if the qml gui looks like promising, more "shiny and futuristic", i still prefer the internal gui. the qml gui is still buggy, launch navit from xterm to see what happens.

especially the address search is not a good one
and i cannot change layouts

btw, using qt_qpainter should improve performance right?
maybe i noticed a little faster rendering for the map
so,if there is a better performance for the map rendering, i'll gonna use qt_qpainter with the internal gui
lets try you also and let me know your tests results

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rdorsch View Post
My preference is a patch for Makefile.am (probably there are more than you icons missing and will appear). Will you try to make upstream accepting the patch. If yes, I hope they do, since they try to complete the migration to cmake...which is not a good outlook for my n900 builds.

Thanks,
Rainer
Patch for Makefile.am sent, and already fixed!
Committed in rev. 5255

http://trac.navit-project.org/ticket/1079

The Following User Says Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
can be possible to port and adapt this cool Startrek style OSD for N900?

http://wiki.navit-project.org/index....tartrek_TNG.29

maybe deleting the zoom bar and put zoom icons on the right...

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Stuttgart, Germany
Patch for Makefile.am sent, and already fixed!
Committed in rev. 5255

http://trac.navit-project.org/ticket/1079
Thank you for providing the patch and integrating it upstream, that makes it very easy for me.

I just built and uploaded 5255 to bokomoko.de

Rainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rdorsch For This Useful Post:
can be possible to port and adapt this cool Startrek style OSD for N900?

http://wiki.navit-project.org/index....tartrek_TNG.29

maybe deleting the zoom bar and put zoom icons on the right...
i played a little with the OSD.xml to adapt to N900

i got something, but, as a newbie, is very far from perfection still...the main issue is that most of the data is in small size...but i like to share with you, cause probably there are more expert guys here that can improve it.

also using this OSD, the fullscreen command is not working, anybody know why?
maybe because use a newly introduced <osd type="image"> with png images?
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: gz startrekOSD.tar.gz (72.1 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by gianko; 2012-11-14 at 02:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post:
i played a little with the OSD.xml to adapt to N900

i got something, but, as a newbie, is very far from perfection still...the main issue is that most of the data is in small size...but i like to share with you, cause probably there are more expert guys here that can improve it.

also using this OSD, the fullscreen command is not working, anybody know why?
maybe because use a newly introduced <osd type="image"> with png images?
Do I seee there some influence of the Enterprise spaceship:-)? Nice! Otherwise I think it is a major problem with the text size. I found out that while driving, the minimum size of fonts that I can read comfortably is aroung 48 pizels or so.

Also, I see you are using a night layout. Dost automatic switching of layouts work for you? According to google, it should change by itself, but I cannot get it to work.

Does anyone know how/if multiple waypoints routing works? I do not understand, this suggests it has been implemented but I do not see any way to use it.

I noticed when driving near a border of the map, navit crashes and freezes a lot, have you experienced it as well?

I aslo played a bit with OSD layout and here is what I got. I found out that font sizes needs to be bigger when driving so that I can read them. Street names are on the other hand useless so I got rid of them. I found out how to change the icon so toggling fullscreen and speech now changes the icon accordingly. I also added an icon to toggle 2D/3D, orient map to north and autozoom. I also commented OSD so it is easier to understand. I also added scale and rearranged everything.

Here it goes:
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: tar navit.tar (276.5 KB, 115 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to sup For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sup View Post
Also, I see you are using a night layout. Dost automatic switching of layouts work for you? According to google, it should change by itself, but I cannot get it to work.
yes, automatic switching of layouts works for me,
im using navit.xml in the directory /etc/navit which comes with the package.

Tags
navigation, navit, nokia n900, openstreetmap