Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Hello guys, I am looking for a Motorola droid 4 XT894. So far I couldn't get my hands on one of them and the Leste update is so tempting after my beloved N900. My budget including shipping to Greece is 35-40$ or so. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to anapospastos For This Useful Post:
FWIW, I had to order mine from the USA - 30$ + another 30$ for shipping

I recommended looking around on ebay.

There's something here but it's unclear to me whether it's the right model.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Why are there so many with no battery covers? Like one guy with 34 that come that way, not just some random guy that broke or lost his . . .

The Following User Says Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 166 | Thanked: 454 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ Poland
On my Droid 4 the battery cover's hitch went loose after a small fragment of it broke off. Perhaps that is more common.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mp107 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nonsuch View Post
FWIW, I had to order mine from the USA - 30$ + another 30$ for shipping

I recommended looking around on ebay.

There's something here but it's unclear to me whether it's the right model.
I am keep looking on ebay but usually their sellers don't offer shipping to Greece and yes unfortunately shipping costs from USA are almost the same amount of money as the usual price of this device. That one from tori.fi is Droid Maxx, thank you though.

Last edited by anapospastos; 2020-11-01 at 20:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to anapospastos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
I am keep looking on ebay but usually their sellers don't offer shipping to Greece and yes unfortunately shipping costs from USA are almost the same amount of money as the usual price of this device. That one from tori.fi is Droid Maxx, thank you though.
Try to avoid buying from USA for such low costs, it is not worth it. You will pay much more for shipping costs, import/custom fees etc.

Instead, try to buy from EU/UK/Switzerland if possible to avoid import fees etc. Also shipping should be lower. You can check ebay uk, de, fr, it etc... Even if the seller doesn't write shipping to Greece, you can still write to them and ask them about the lowest cost with tracking number. Some might still accept that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mivas_Greece For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mivas_Greece View Post
Try to avoid buying from USA for such low costs, it is not worth it. You will pay much more for shipping costs, import/custom fees etc.

Instead, try to buy from EU/UK/Switzerland if possible to avoid import fees etc. Also shipping should be lower. You can check ebay uk, de, fr, it etc... Even if the seller doesn't write shipping to Greece, you can still write to them and ask them about the lowest cost with tracking number. Some might still accept that.
This is exactly what I am doing! After several years of experience in purchasing and selling on ebay and other online classifieds I am aware of all these but unfortunately these devices are difficult to be found in an affordable price because of the shipping costs and the customs fees you mentioned. Have in mind that this device was released in Verizon's network only so it's rare to find someone own it and want to sell it in Europe.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anapospastos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
This is exactly what I am doing! After several years of experience in purchasing and selling on ebay and other online classifieds I am aware of all these but unfortunately these devices are difficult to be found in an affordable price because of the shipping costs and the customs fees you mentioned. Have in mind that this device was released in Verizon's network only so it's rare to find someone own it and want to sell it in Europe.
Ah, ok. I didn't know it was released in USA only. So, yes, you are right, in that case it will be quite rare in Europe... I had the same issues with some Lumias (928, Icon, 2520), so in the end I couldn't get them at all... But still, you never know, you might still be able to find it in Europe, even if it is rarer here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mivas_Greece For This Useful Post:
Finally I got the device! Ebay.us had it on not allowed devices to be shipped here, I have no idea why, so I used a service to reship it to me and after they told me the parcel was lost I received it! 2.5 months in total but thankfully it arrived safe!

The device is in impeccable condition. Looking forward to installing Maemo Leste on it. Anyone knows what's the minimum sd size for Leste installation?
edit: found one nokia sd card with 2gb of storage and flashed the latest image from February 28th. Looks great! I appreciate the work done from the team so far.

Last edited by anapospastos; 2021-03-06 at 13:54.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to anapospastos For This Useful Post: