Notices

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
I have a different problem. A lot of videos I download play fine as Archives in CuteTube but do not play at all in Media Player. Why? It seems completely random (or at least I have not found any pattern yet), but it is consistent: the same video either plays fine or not.
You lost me on that one - if it doesn't play in Media Player, how does it play from Archives? CuteTube internal player?

And, how the "doesn't play in "Media Player" manifest itself, exactly?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 102 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Northern WI, USA
@pichlo- the cutetube player supports more video types than the stock player, from what I've seen. I tried playing AVIs and FLVs in the stock media player and got the "You can't play this type of file on this device" popup. I'm betting this is what happens to you also? The nice thing is you can still play these files in cutetube, though. Is there a reason you need to play them in the default media player?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
You lost me on that one - if it doesn't play in Media Player, how does it play from Archives? CuteTube internal player?
Spot on!

And, how the "doesn't play in "Media Player" manifest itself, exactly?
MP just spins the five dots forever.

Originally Posted by kapu2 View Post
@pichlo- the cutetube player supports more video types than the stock player, from what I've seen. I tried playing AVIs and FLVs in the stock media player and got the "You can't play this type of file on this device" popup. I'm betting this is what happens to you also?
No error message, just five dots. For as long as I leave it. The longest I've tried was about 2 hours.

They are all MP4 files. Some of them play in MP, some don't. I can convert them to MPG with ffmpeg but the quality suffers.

The nice thing is you can still play these files in cutetube, though. Is there a reason you need to play them in the default media player?
Organization. I have a bumch (hundreds) of cartoons for the kids organized in folders by the show name. It is rather inconvenient to go to CuteTube just to play a cartoon, not to mention that CT does not know folders.

Last edited by pichlo; 2014-03-31 at 16:18.

I don't think it's about lacking format support. pichlo, could you try to:
Code:
killall mafw-dbus-wrapper
...and check if "unplayable" video starts OK afterwards?

Otherwise, it may be good idea to ask in Open Media Player, for a way to get debug info. Also, are you using OMP?

@kapu2 - if you're getting message about unsupported video type for .flv, then you lack some gstreamer plugin (sets). It works fine here. Using mplayer and friends you're just doing whole decoding on CPU which (in some cases) may result in more battery drain.

As a rule of thumb, there shouldn't be any format type that you can download by cutetube, that isn't possible to playback via Maemo's media player.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Can you try moving the .jpg from .../cuteTube to .../cuteTube/.thumbnails? (Note the dot, as in cuteTube slash dot thumbnails.) Then start CuteTube and check if the video reappeared in Archive.
I've tried moving, but it didn't help. I didn't really expect it to, really, because the jpg that was created is named (1).jpg (after I downloaded the video again, cutetube created (2).jpg). In /.thumbnails, the jpg's names match the video file names, and since my video is not called (1), it doesn't look like it will work. In any case, the user shouldn't have to move jpg's manually, no?

The video does appear in the Archive and it plays, it's just that the thumbnail is incorrect (a picture of a film reel, which I guess is the generic thumbnail in cutetube).

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Oulu, Finland
Now that Youtube is forcing HTTPS, is there a way to customize the clipboard monitor to notice https links too?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Raimu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
An interesting observation today.

About half way through the 20-odd items long download queue. CuteTube is the only app running. CPU maxed out, device unresponsive and getting quite hot. According to top, the two CPU hogs are tracker and cutetube. Then I noticed something curious:

Name:  Screenshot-20140428-205919.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  21.2 KB

Yes, that's 3 (three) instances of the same thing, all updated simultaneously.

I brought one of them to full screen and clicked the blue back arrow in the top right. CuteTube went back to the main screen as expected. This is the resulting applications view:

Name:  Screenshot-20140428-211032.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  22.1 KB

Yes, that means one of the windows is in the main screen, the other two still in the download queue view. I happened to take the snapshot at just the right moment so you can also see the "download finished" notification in one of the windows.

Is this normal?

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
Now that Youtube is forcing HTTPS, is there a way to customize the clipboard monitor to notice https links too?
The regex needs to be changed in the source code. I'll do it for the next update.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
An interesting observation today.

About half way through the 20-odd items long download queue. CuteTube is the only app running. CPU maxed out, device unresponsive and getting quite hot. According to top, the two CPU hogs are tracker and cutetube. Then I noticed something curious:

Attachment 35119

Yes, that's 3 (three) instances of the same thing, all updated simultaneously.

I brought one of them to full screen and clicked the blue back arrow in the top right. CuteTube went back to the main screen as expected. This is the resulting applications view:

Attachment 35120

Yes, that means one of the windows is in the main screen, the other two still in the download queue view. I happened to take the snapshot at just the right moment so you can also see the "download finished" notification in one of the windows.

Is this normal?
I think what has happened here is that you pressed the 'Transfers' button multiple times in quick succession (or at least, multiple mouse events were triggered), resulting in the creation of multiple windows. I will change the mouse event handling of the buttons to prevent this in future.

My website

GitHub

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by chill View Post
Having now upgraded to 1.9.5 (previous post was with 1.9.1), I downloaded the same video. It finished ok, but the thumbnail is not shown in Archive. Instead, it appears as a .jpg file in the cutetube download folder. Repeating the same download again, the same happens, and another (identical) jpg is created in the cutetube download folder.
If it helps, the video I was downloading was the highly popular clip of a pig trying to eat a camera: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrxPuk0JefA

Tags
youtube