Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Are there people here who have been in C64 demo scene and have been swapping material and have them in 5.25 floppies?

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Can these disks be accessed in modern drives?
I recall it was more than simple formatting but track location differences back then between apple, tandy, BBC, commodore, etc.

Are you old enough to remember the write-protect pliers to cut out a second write protect slot to use both sides of a 5 1/4in disc?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Are there people here who have been in C64 demo scene and have been swapping material and have them in 5.25 floppies?
Yes, but that was back in the 80's so it's been a while.

I still have my C64 with both cassette and floppy disc drive, with some games that still work. (a few years ago I showed my son what the games were like when I was young...)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
I was into the SID music more than the demos. Although, I guess the self-playing songs were "demos" in a certain sense. I do, however have the Commodore Christmas demo on diskette! My dad would come home with something interesting from his Commodore Users Group each month. There might be a few demos scattered over the "MISC" category disks.

I too, still have the C=64 with two 1541s. I never "modded" the 2nd drive to have its own address, it was just a backup. We also had a typewriter that doubled as a daisy-wheel printer in what appeared to be a really kludgey setup that actually worked.

I'll see if I can find the old disks and see what turns up on them. I'm not too sure how I would bridge the gap from the C=64 to modern PC. I suppose old school null modem would do the trick, albeit s...l...o...w...l...y...

The Following User Says Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I have C64 setup coming up with discette and cassette player plus sd card reader plus VHS player with analog tv plus LP and cassette player with radio. Retro home theater build inside and on top of an old russian harmonica. But I found a nice C64 demo scene page where I can diwnload demos and then gonna move them on sd card. But I like floppies. Just thought if there would be someone with a lot C64 stuff and willing to swap maybe to something N starting Nokia product.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Sadly, I don’t , but there is this site to enjoy some
Images for emulators.

https://www.c64.com/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nieldk For This Useful Post: