Notices

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Suddenly I get this error message when downloading the Overview for the visible area: Please go to geocaching.com and set the website language to english. The website is and was set to English; yesterday it still worked perfectly.
Has Geocaching changed things?

It seems downloading a page from geocaching.com does not work at all.

In my view, geocaching.com has two possible welcome texts: 1) Welcome, Visitor and 2) Hello, login_name.
I changed the code of downloader.py to search for possible causes. Both "Welcome, Visitor" and "Hello" are not being found in the downloaded html. I wish I knew how to save the results of the downloaded file to disk, but the first line looks like:
<addinfourl at 1102820816 whose fp = <socket_fileobject object at 0x41bb8d70>>

Yesterday I could download both overview and details of caches, and today I cannot. Nothing has changed overnight at my side. Furthermore I have a second N900 which has not been used for weeks. That machine cannot download either.

It seems another problem than @usability has reported recently. I cannot trace the log file for AGTL.

Can other people still use AGTL? Anyone know how to approach logs?

Weird, everything works again on my main N900. That is wonderful, with a national geocaching event this weekend! On my backup N900 it does not work, but I think I will leave it for now.

for all people who have difficulties today to download details. In my case everything changed with changed user settings at geocaching.com. Log in and try to change the language setting or units, or daylight saving time setting.

First AGTL told me that I should change the language to english. I logged in and saw that the language was already set to english. Ichanged the units to metric and checked the box where you can set daylight saving time. AGTL told me something like user token already set. I was very disappointed. Then I changed everything back. and now it works. In my case with language english, units imperial, unchecked daylight saving box and logged out at the website.

Daniel keep it up running. It is a really great tool !!!!! Thanks for your effort

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
Suddenly I get this error message when downloading the Overview for the visible area: Please go to geocaching.com and set the website language to english. The website is and was set to English; yesterday it still worked perfectly.
Has Geocaching changed things?
Quite annoying...
Today I had some spare time and wanted to use it, but I ran into the same error. And could not solve it easily with logging in to geocaching.com and fiddling with settings (which were all OK).

@rob_kouw
how did You do that? Without doing anything, solve it?
But You were on the right trip.

I solved it on my own, hacking a bit python and asp (which I am not that familiar with).
Changed downloader.py (as rob_kouw suggested and a bit more)
and also
changed cachedownloader.py ( /home/user/.agtl/updates/ )

(as root or with sudo)
sudo rm /opt/advancedcaching/downloader.pyo
sudo leafpad /opt/advancedcaching/downloader.py
Code:
            logger.info("Checking if still logged in...")
            url = 'http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx'
            page = self.get_reader(url, login = False)
            for line in page:
                if 'You are logged in as' in line or 'Hello,' in line or 'LoggedInPanel' in line:
                    self.logged_in = True
                    logger.info("Seems as we're still logged in")
                    page.close()
                    return
                elif 'You are not logged in.' in line or 'Welcome,' in line or 'LoginPanel' in line:
                    logger.info("Nope, not logged in anymore")
                    page.close()
                    break
Code:
        page = self.get_reader(url, values, login = False)

match=False
        for line in page:
            if 'You are logged in as' in line or 'Hello,' in line or 'LoggedInPanel' in line:
                match=True
                break
            elif 'You are not logged in.' in line or 'combination does not match' in line or 'Welcome,' in line or 'LoginPanel' in line:
                raise Exception("Wrong password or username!")
        else:
            logger.info("Seems as if we could not load the web site at all")
            raise Exception("Something totally went wrong ?!?!")
        if match==False:
            logger.info("Seems as if the language is set to something other than english")
            raise Exception("Please go to geocaching.com and set the website language to english!")
sudo run-standalone.sh /opt/advancedcaching/core.py --hildon

(as user)
rm /home/user/.agtl/updates/cachedownloader.pyo
leafpad /home/user/.agtl/updates/cachedownloader.py
Code:
    def login_callback(username, password):
        url = 'http://www.geocaching.com/login/default.aspx'
        values = {'ctl00$ContentBody$tbUsername': username,
            'ctl00$ContentBody$tbPassword': password,
            'ctl00$ContentBody$cbRememberMe': 'on',
            'ctl00$ContentBody$btnSignIn': 'Login',
            '__EVENTTARGET': '',
            '__EVENTARGUMENT': ''
        }
        return url, values
chmod -w .agtl/updates/cachedownloader.py

start AGTL normally (or in console: /opt/advancedcaching/core.py --hildon )

Be sure to keep that order of editing (timestamp of cachedownloader.py should be youngest), or You will get "updated" again and loose Your changes.

I needed changes in both files and only then could log in again.
So, today no caching , but 'programming' .

Hoping webhamster still does some geocaching and will take care of us in future.
Cheers.

--edit
I have to correct me. Somehow my changes were now overwritten anyway, so I could not log in again. I helped myself with a chmod -w. It works, but keep in mind, that You may not get further parser updates by webhamster.
Corrected procedure above.
Attached Files
File Type: zip agtl.zip (9.9 KB, 126 views)

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2011-10-24 at 21:47.

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
How did I do it? Well, I just don't know. Just by curiosity I turned on my backup N900, and there downloading is working as well again.
I worked with Windows environments for 20 years as a programmer etc., and normally I can deduct the origin of problems quite well. This problem however, coming out of nowhere and disappearing again, puzzles me completely.

I must say the message I got (the HTML I downloaded) "<addinfourl at 1102820816 whose fp = <socket_fileobject object at 0x41bb8d70>>" looks a lot like an IP socket problem. Problems like these happen every once in a while in my Visual Basic programmes as well. Mysterious stuff, never could trace the origin of those.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
I must say the message I got (the HTML I downloaded) "<addinfourl at 1102820816 whose fp = <socket_fileobject object at 0x41bb8d70>>" looks a lot like an IP socket problem.
Strange !

I had this error
Code:
<addinfourl at 1155683712 whose fp = <socket._fileobject object at 0x44e26eb0>>
as well, but could not resolve it without changing the login parameter/variable names in cachedownloader.py. Now I do not get this error anymore.

Really strange! But, for me it works. And for You, too
But cannot understand as well

Oh, btw which version are You using? From devel oder extras-testing?
Maybe here is the reason for different solutions? I still have 0.8.0.5 from testing. But do not think so, as the web parser update should have given me the same code changes....

I am using version 0.8.0.7. Must be from devel, but I forgot when and from where I installed it. On my main N900, I backed up downloader.py and changed a few things as described above. Then I placed back the old file and it worked (sounds a bit like your solution: give all bits and bytes a chance to settle again?). On the backup N900, I changed absolutely nothing over the last few weeks...

I have been experiencing some unexpected behaviour:
- Archived caches appeared visible after Download Overview; their icon looks the same as normal; downloading Details does not change their status to Disabled.
- Premium member caches could sometimes be downloaded in Overview, not always. They can sometimes be downloaded in Detail as well. I could even upload a field note 'found' for one and log it on geocaching.com (hurray!) After that, I could not download it in Detail any more.

Both seem a temporary glitch in geocaching.com systems. I tried it on my backup N900, and they did not show up.

But last Tuesday I was near N52 35.707 E005 34.091 and I was up for a 5 km stretch of walking the IJsselmeer dyke with 28 caches in a row. Alas, they had all been archived since long. On the website, I had to search by GC code to even find them.

No changes seem to be necessary to AGTL. But I cannot get the downloaded caches out, so it would be nice if somebody knew how to get rid of them without ruining the database.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Houston, Texas
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Quite annoying...
Today I had some spare time and wanted to use it, but I ran into the same error. And could not solve it easily with logging in to geocaching.com and fiddling with settings (which were all OK).

@rob_kouw
how did You do that? Without doing anything, solve it?
But You were on the right trip.

I solved it on my own, hacking a bit python and asp (which I am not that familiar with).
Changed downloader.py (as rob_kouw suggested and a bit more)
and also
changed cachedownloader.py ( /home/user/.agtl/updates/ )

(as root or with sudo)
sudo rm /opt/advancedcaching/downloader.pyo
sudo leafpad /opt/advancedcaching/downloader.py
Code:
            logger.info("Checking if still logged in...")
            url = 'http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx'
            page = self.get_reader(url, login = False)
            for line in page:
                    self.logged_in = True
                    logger.info("Seems as we're still logged in")
                    page.close()
                    return
                elif 'You are not logged in.' in line or 'Welcome,' in line or 'LoginPanel' in line:
                    logger.info("Nope, not logged in anymore")
                    page.close()
                    break
Code:
        page = self.get_reader(url, values, login = False)

match=False
        for line in page:
                match=True
                break
            elif 'You are not logged in.' in line or 'combination does not match' in line or 'Welcome,' in line or 'LoginPanel' in line:
                raise Exception("Wrong password or username!")
        else:
            logger.info("Seems as if we could not load the web site at all")
            raise Exception("Something totally went wrong ?!?!")
        if match==False:
            logger.info("Seems as if the language is set to something other than english")
            raise Exception("Please go to geocaching.com and set the website language to english!")
sudo run-standalone.sh /opt/advancedcaching/core.py --hildon

(as user)
rm /home/user/.agtl/updates/cachedownloader.pyo
leafpad /home/user/.agtl/updates/cachedownloader.py
Code:
    def login_callback(username, password):
        url = 'http://www.geocaching.com/login/default.aspx'
        values = {'ctl00$ContentBody$tbUsername': username,
            'ctl00$ContentBody$tbPassword': password,
            'ctl00$ContentBody$cbRememberMe': 'on',
            'ctl00$ContentBody$btnSignIn': 'Login',
            '__EVENTTARGET': '',
            '__EVENTARGUMENT': ''
        }
        return url, values
chmod -w .agtl/updates/cachedownloader.py

start AGTL normally (or in console: /opt/advancedcaching/core.py --hildon )

Be sure to keep that order of editing (timestamp of cachedownloader.py should be youngest), or You will get "updated" again and loose Your changes.

I needed changes in both files and only then could log in again.
So, today no caching , but 'programming' .

Hoping webhamster still does some geocaching and will take care of us in future.
Cheers.

--edit
I have to correct me. Somehow my changes were now overwritten anyway, so I could not log in again. I helped myself with a chmod -w. It works, but keep in mind, that You may not get further parser updates by webhamster.
Corrected procedure above.
This is more a of a report instead of a question:

Yesterday:
I did a fresh install of this app and had the same problems with the login procedure resulting in a "Change your profile to English" error. So I found this thread and I followed your instructions. The Dowload Overview login would always fail with my account information. I was getting the error "Wrong password or username". I tried retyping my info with no success.

Today:
I reinstalled the package, followed the instructions again and had the same result. As a last ditch effort, I created a new account at geocaching.com and tried to use that instead with no success... I left the app open as I started typing up this post. When I went back to Download Overview to get the exact error text, the thing successfully logged in....wtf?

I changed my login info back to my original account. That one works now too.

I closed the app reopened, and it still works.

My only guess is that maybe the login process is going slow while the string comparisons for login verification is going fast?