Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by neochapay View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfJAATEsZAI add language switcher proto for glacier keyboard
Looking good!

However, I wonder whether there is much point in using maliit1 anymore. It seems that nemomobile is one of few (only one?) who has stick to that with others moving over to maliit2.

Since Jolla doesn't seem to be excited in releasing their keyboard*as an open-source project, as pointed out by sledges on one of the recent meetings, we probably need to find some other keyboard (maliit2?) to get fully open-sourced solution. If maliit2 is adopted by nemo, we could easily extend it with our latest presage predictor work which would benefit UT as well.

If wished, we could also sailfishify maliit2 and provide is as a competition. Which is obviously 'a great way' of spending enormous developers time which is pouring into Nemo and SFOS.

However, from the POV of efficiency, it maybe better to join more recent development and not try to patch up maliit1.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Jan 2017 @ Innopolis, Russia
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Looking good!

However, I wonder whether there is much point in using maliit1 anymore. It seems that nemomobile is one of few (only one?) who has stick to that with others moving over to maliit2.

Since Jolla doesn't seem to be excited in releasing their keyboard*as an open-source project, as pointed out by sledges on one of the recent meetings, we probably need to find some other keyboard (maliit2?) to get fully open-sourced solution. If maliit2 is adopted by nemo, we could easily extend it with our latest presage predictor work which would benefit UT as well.

If wished, we could also sailfishify maliit2 and provide is as a competition. Which is obviously 'a great way' of spending enormous developers time which is pouring into Nemo and SFOS.

However, from the POV of efficiency, it maybe better to join more recent development and not try to patch up maliit1.
Oh....now on nemomobile work 2-4 people...in now i just wont update all code...if you want help -welcome Now we have many critical bugs and many bugged applications...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to neochapay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Oh....now on nemomobile work 2-4 people...in now i just wont update all code...if you want help -welcome Now we have many critical bugs and many bugged applications...
I can imagine that there are many critical bugs and the team behind is rather small. Hence the warning regarding the use of outdated keyboard component and its further development. But, if you do need to switch to Russian keyboard layout today, its probably easier to hack it together on maliit1

As for joining the effort - not yet. I am busy with maintaining own software and have few ideas that I would like to explore first to make it better. However, I did make sure that it should be easy to port the maps server to Nemo by adding QtQuick GUI as one of the frontends. As far as I understand, that should help. And, when working on something, looking on whether it can be applied to Nemo as well - such as work on keyboard predictor. But, yeah, sorry, would prefer not to get involved directly, yet, and work on other projects.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Okay...now we have booster for nemomobile components: https://git.merproject.org/neochapay...ents/tree/nemo

And add boosting into libglacierapp: https://github.com/nemomobile-ux/lib...25eec93b24e1a3

Now applications start faster but we need to change all .desktop files i do it at this night

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to neochapay For This Useful Post:
Can you help me with i18n? Add plz another keyboard here https://github.com/neochapay/plugins...ile/layouts.js as mr

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neochapay For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Can you help me with i18n? Add plz another keyboard here https://github.com/neochapay/plugins...ile/layouts.js as mr
PR created

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
PR created
Weird that you stripped away all accented characters. Isn't it a bit hard to type e.g. names with non-Finnish characters etc.? Sure you can always change the layout to another language but that seems just dumb IMHO. Or does Glacier UI have dead keys?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tmi For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by tmi View Post
Weird that you stripped away all accented characters. Isn't it a bit hard to type e.g. names with non-Finnish characters etc.? Sure you can always change the layout to another language but that seems just dumb IMHO. Or does Glacier UI have dead keys?
You are correct, I was too hasty to flush the accents because finnish, like the rational language it is has none of those!

I'll add them back and make another request.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I'll add them back and make another request.
And done.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Add application template for developing nemo applications over sailfish sdk https://github.com/nemomobile-ux/nemo-template-app

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to neochapay For This Useful Post:

Tags
glacierui, nemo mobile