Notices

I had this nice app in my Nokia N8, which was unfortunately stolen. Now I have a new N9 replacing the N8 and am downloading the apps I had bought and are still compatible with the new phone from the store. But it seems that I need to pay again for the N9 version. This has not been the case with any other app so far, so I wonder whether this was intentional?

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sweden
Hi Vaaterei,

I'm sorry to hear about your N8 and your problems.

Squeezster for N9 and Squeezster for Symbian are listed as different items in the Nokia store. The reason is simply that, at the time I registered Squeezster in the Nokia Store, I wasn't aware of that different platforms could share one item number. So I registered one Squeezster for N9 and one Squeezster for Symbian.

Since Nokia store handles everything around the buying process, you could contact their support and ask them to transfer your buy. I will support you if they ask me.

Well, I liked this app well enough to buy it again

A few questions though:

1. Could localization (translations) be possible?
2. The favorites view seems to be missing the album cover art. I seldom use other than the favorites, so covers would be great. Is that possible?

Thanks vaateri .

1. Localizations would be possible since it is supported by the QT framework. It isn't anything that I have looked into it yet though.
2. Unlike other requests to the Squeezebox server, the result list for favorites doesn't contain links to icons. Therefore favorite icons aren't shown. However, I can see that e.g. the web interface has icons presented, so I will try to find a solution for Squeezster as well.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New Zealand
something i really like is your option to suppress the screen timeout while the app is active... it got me thinking... would it be possible to make a dedicated single function app to do just that... much as there are already apps for toggling bluetooth, flight mode, power saving mode... etc. i would happily pay for such an app...

Originally Posted by pakarlss View Post
I haven't noticed any issues with albums playing in the wrong order.
I usually go "Show albums > "long press on <album>" > "Play".
Then all songs are listed in the original order in the now playing view.
I think it's confusing that when you view the tracks on the album through the browser (e.g. Show albums > short press on album, or Show artists > short press on artist > short press on album), the tracks are listed alphabetically.

If you do the same on a Squeezebox, the tracks are shown in album order. Also, when you select one of those tracks to play, the whole album is put into the Now Playing list (whereas with Squeezster, only the selected track is put into Now Playing). Would be awesome if they were consistent.

Edit: This is with an N9.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm now aware of these issues.

I'm working on an update, where the control structure will be more like the original Squeezebox controllers.
However, the Squeezebox controllers use a variant of the communication protocol, which I have found no documentation for. I have done some reverse engineering, and I now think I understand how it works.
The implementation is ongoing, but I'm not close to release the updates yet.

Originally Posted by pakarlss View Post
I'm working on an update, where the control structure will be more like the original Squeezebox controllers.
That's great - thanks for the quick reply. I really like this app anyway.

Thank you! I'm so glad I found this app. When I learned I would receive N8 as my new work phone I was afraid I would not find the only app for private use I need on a smart phone. It seems to work fine so far on my 2. day using it. Although the current version 1.0.0 have all basics covered it is somewhat limited compared to other remotes longer in the development.

As my current SB system has 2x Touch, 2x Receiver and 1x Controller creating sync groups of multiple players is high up on my wish list

I also use the play back function on the Controller frequently.

A much used function by family members with Android phones is the capability to download current playing track from local library to the phone.

Another thought. I use the browse folder menu a lot as my music collection is untagged WAV files. All SB devices I have remember last opened folder. This is a nice feature as I frequently select the wrong track or album (folder) when looking for a single track.

Thank you!

Last edited by TouchMe; 2012-05-17 at 10:09.

I've might have missed something, but after a phone crash I wanted to reinstall squeeszter to my n8, but it seems it's no longer in the ovi store. Anyone knows why and whether this will be permanent? I did quite like this app...