Active Topics

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Good call IMO. And Ubuntu Phone was at least in my view dead-end with the "Apple-like" restrictions and weirdness they bolted on top of normal Linux
Well, I started to like UT in the last couple of months and the way it took started to look promising - less restrictions, redevelopment of the scopes, good 3rd party improvements, DAV, ...
It's been the same with FFOS - the moment it started to be kind of usable they ditched it - I'm wondering if Google is paying them out before they can become a real alternative ;-)

But apart from liking a UI or not it's still a pity that another OpenSource OS is vanishing (well at least it's just another one on top of an Android base but ...) - maybe a few devs can be attracted by SFOS ... - now let's see how far KDE will come ...

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by elastic View Post
maybe a few devs can be attracted by SFOS ...
I am one of those who actually had high hopes for the Ubuntu Phone at the beginning. So, I bought the Aquaris E4.5 as well as the M10 tablet.

It would be wonderful to have SFOS ported to these devices in particular. What better invitation to the Ubuntu devs to join SFOS development could there be?

Alas, I completely lack the skills to pull this off. But maybe someone else could look into this? Having SFOS on the Aquaris M10 tablet would be wonderful.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dubliner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
Snaps stay, Mir is ditched
I wish, they would ditch snaps and the alike, too. I find it so contrary to the whole linux architecture and more Windows alike (I'm talking install the 25th revision of .net 4.x when installing an application).

I must have missed the Mir thing. Have to check news on that. Not that I wouldn't like it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dubliner View Post
I am one of those who actually had high hopes for the Ubuntu Phone at the beginning. So, I bought the Aquaris E4.5 as well as the M10 tablet.

It would be wonderful to have SFOS ported to these devices in particular. What better invitation to the Ubuntu devs to join SFOS development could there be?

Alas, I completely lack the skills to pull this off. But maybe someone else could look into this? Having SFOS on the Aquaris M10 tablet would be wonderful.
You and me both, I have long wondered if my E5 could do it,
but both yours and mine run on Mediatek chips.

I do see this, however:
https://github.com/mbgg/linux-mediatek

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Lunduke talks about canonical dishing unity

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDBg_TqSgHE

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post: