Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
@princefakhan ... when you say application doesn't work, what happens exactly?
No, I don't have a solution, but if we know what happens exactly, something might be found.
Is the 'application' (I suppose you mean Ovi) the latest version?
could you also check what addresses it tries to get maps from?
unfortunately my USB is still broken, and I don't have a supported Bluetooth stack, so I can't test on my own.

The Following User Says Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 180 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ New Delhi, DELHI, INDIA
oh! by application, I meant the Nokia Suite Windows app. I think that is how you download maps on N900? or is there any other way too.

Community Council | Posts: 677 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Ovi Suite, yes.
So what happens exactly? Does it give some 'explanation' for the failure to update maps?

I don't quite remember at the moment. I guess I will have to do this again. I think it only says that the files could not be downloaded. No reason whatsoever.

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by princefakhan View Post
I can't quite get the hang of the alternatives out there. modRana seems like too advance-y or something to me.
If you have any questions just ask in the modRana thread. No need to be afraid.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Bavaria Germany
Originally Posted by ViBE View Post
Marble is not as good as i thought.
It is not the same like ovi Nokia here maps, you need both.
On N9 old but works.
Added comment here:
https://openrepos.net/content/ekze/marble
Developer of N9 version changed his job...left university.

Originally Posted by DeadHorseRiding View Post
Interesting because "Qt Platforms" named:

Developer showcase

Sina Weibo
Mobile Applications

China's popular microblog service Sina Weibo, uses HERE Platform APIs to integrate advanced location and map based use cases to its applications across Windows Phone, S40, Symbian and Qt Platforms. HERE APIs allow Sina Weibo to present very detailed and precise geo-tags and location sharing experience to its users around the globe.
It seems quite doable as @nokiabot says that what it needs is a capable browser. With the API, well we can make a full blown app. But if someone is willing to do the good. If I knew some coding/programming, I would have gotten on the project right now. But sadly, I'm just a normal enthusiastic user who just likes to tinker with stuffs. And for that, I have to rely on people who know more than me. So I can do nothing but hope and wait.