Notices

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
This looks really cool! Have you any plans to release it for harmattan too?

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Argentina
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
OK.. Awesome app. I have a question and a feature request:

I'm not seeing and call durations listed. It's telling me I've made and received X number of calls, but durations are all 0. Is there something I'm missing? Is there something else I need to install? Or does this not work with calls made before the app was installed?

Having it pull data usage would be great as well.
This should work with calls made/received after installing SMSCounter, originally the calls durations weren't stored in the database.

As for a features:

It would be great if this could also integrate with fMMS to do MMS counting.
I'll see what I can do about it

Originally Posted by Watchmaker View Post
This looks really cool! Have you any plans to release it for harmattan too?
Not in the shot term, I didn't got into harmattan development yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to NerdKnight For This Useful Post:
OK.. Awesome app. I have a question and a feature request:

I'm not seeing and call durations listed. It's telling me I've made and received X number of calls, but durations are all 0. Is there something I'm missing? Is there something else I need to install? Or does this not work with calls made before the app was installed?

As for a feature ideas:
  • It would be great if this could also integrate with fMMS to do MMS counting.
  • Having it pull data usage would be great as well.
  • Having it setup to indicate a start date and a period, and then having a drop down for period would be super awesome.

For example, new cycle starts on the 12th of every month, or starts on the 10th and the period is 30 days. Then you could have it default to the current cycle, and have a drop down for last cycle, cycle before, etc.

If you do a widget, you could use the cycle info above to offer an auto-save and reset of the data counters, since widgets are "always on" and can get time-date notifications. You could also store that data use per cycle info in a database so it can be seen historically instead of the snapshot of total usage and "since date X" we have now. You could also use the cycle information to show historic use (plot last 12 cycles as an x-y line chart, etc.)

Again, this is all just ideas. I would love to see any of them implemented, but certainly love what you've already done! Would love to see a widget version of this too.

Oh, one major request:
Have it remember the last from/to dates between launches? That would be really nice.
Thanks for the feedbak!, I'll try to include some of those for the next release.
In version 0.4 I included a desktop widget that counts SMSs, I'm working on version 0.5 that will include also calls counter.

I've updated the first post with the current state of the app. and I added a list of interesting ideas for future releases, tell me if I miss something or if you have new ideas.

Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by NerdKnight View Post
Not in the shot term, I didn't got into harmattan development yet.
Not the answer I was hoping for, but still thanks for the answer!
I hope you'll port it eventually, harmattan needs some love!

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Uruguay
I cant find this app on software/package manager, is this on extras-devel?

Originally Posted by RichardN900 View Post
I cant find this app on software/package manager, is this on extras-devel?
Yep. It's on extras-devel.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Feb 2015 @ Argentina
This app is so cool! I love the way my N900 help me keep track of stuff, and this is a nifty piece of software wich does exactly that =)

Thanks!