Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Am i the only one concerned about Sailfish OS future? I am realy worried because i don't see anything exciting everytime there is an update. Even worse, i see bugs that don't get repaired or take very long time to be fixed. Even Windows 10 mobile is funnier to use than Sailfish

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
Am i the only one concerned about Sailfish OS future? I am realy worried because i don't see anything exciting everytime there is an update. Even worse, i see bugs that don't get repaired or take very long time to be fixed. Even Windows 10 mobile is funnier to use than Sailfish
You should ask this question over at FSO and enjoy the sh*tstorm you do not deserve!

My device is stuck at 3.2.1.20 and maybe have seen one or two updates only after I decided SFOS matured enough to be usable as daily driver. Seems it needs a few more years???

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Mödling
I upgraded from Xperia X to XA2 expecting less issues, but I'm rather disappointed and never was less motivated contributing to SFOS.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fooxl For This Useful Post:
It is a strange feeling and i think i will also keep my XA2 on a lower version. There are issues with patchmanager, launcher combined patch and others that usualy got solved after a few days but it seems Sailfish is loosing the interest fron developers. The lack of native apps also let me down these years

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
It still is the only working daily drive alternative, to the two dragons.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
SailfishOS is the sort of niche project that never has a stable future, and always has a too-small community; being worried about it is par for the course.

FWIW, my XA2 works nicely with Koli.

I uninstalled PatchManager because most of my patches stopped working after the last upgrade; since they are user-contributed and it's up to them to ensure compatibility with higher versions I don't see how this is something that would speak against SFOS itself.
I also might have made a mistake during the upgrade process, regarding PM3.
SFOS is hackable. That increases the danger of breakage. I am not blaming SFOS for that.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
There are tweaks on the UI that should be part of the sistem and not tweaks that get crashed in every update. Double tap to wake, alway on display, FM radio, NFC and other "simple" things seem not that hard to implement. What i want to say is that we get a face washed in every update but nothing realy new comes to us. My Jolla 1 is on the first version and i will keep it like this. The difference between then and the last update represents all that i want to express.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by eson View Post
It still is the only working daily drive alternative, to the two dragons.
THAT is the issue!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Ubuntu touch is getting Andbox working somehow fine and desktop mode. I don't like that os but still is getting nice features

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Im somewhat divided. My devices are not on Koli. For my Pro1 there is no Koli yet and for the Xperia X I would miss PM for Jolla1 there is no Koli as well.

I still miss a better browser. But it has improved much with the the last update. There are some other things which I miss sometimes, but most of the things I need, is there. My devices are running quite stable at least not less stable than may Android phones.

On the other hand, I as well have the feeling, that there isn't to much movement and in my opinion Jolla is setting sometimes strange priorities.

Anyway I'm happy that there is a quite good alternative to Android and iOS and I'm not forced to use one of them. I hope that Plasma mobile is developing well, but there as well is not enough manpower to make fast progress. And I think there are not enough devices where it runs on, yet. I have to order a pinephone in near future I think.

I have no clue how far Librem 5 and PureOS is, but I think I've remember having read a proud post titled: "Librem 5 takes photos now!...

So we will see what future brings.

By the way even on my N900 I missed some features...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post: