Notices

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
As requested by Custodian, I have added some additional and current information to the first post. Please PM me if there is any additional information that should be there.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to travla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Any chance for a dark theme of Nelisquare for the AMOLED-friendly N9??

Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by funkmunk View Post
Any chance for a dark theme of Nelisquare for the AMOLED-friendly N9??
if you submit a screenshot of any other app(color scheme) which looks like you want

The Following User Says Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 463 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
if you submit a screenshot of any other app(color scheme) which looks like you want
Something like in the application cutetube-QML

See below for screenshots

Also another example will be Gravity from Symbian.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to funkmunk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by funkmunk View Post
Something like in the application cutetube-QML
See below for screenshots
Also another example will be Gravity from Symbian.
i'll investigate it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
I like this app and often try to use it.
But I have 2 problems:
1. often it is really hard to get it running. Then all the tabs (feed, places, ...) remain white and it says "please wait" for any time span. First I thought it might be a problem with the FourSquare server, but it is not: other apps connect fine. Sometimes it helps to stop and restart the app, sometimes the problem stays the same even after 4 to 5 restarts, which is a bit annoying...

2. if it runs, it is stable and the only app I know to be so clever to switch off the hungry GPS receiver when in background. But if I put it into foreground again and even if I click on "places" it does not reload the list of places, maybe, or it loads the list but clutters it with the places of my last position. Anyway, I do not see the new, nearer venues even if I scroll down the list. I suggest Nelisquare should reload the list of places when the user clicks on that button/tab.

Keep up the good work and many thanks for this app!

Originally Posted by rm53 View Post
1. often it is really hard to get it running. Then all the tabs (feed, places, ...) remain white and it says "please wait" for any time span. First I thought it might be a problem with the FourSquare server, but it is not: other apps connect fine.
White lists and "please wait" clocks inditacates internet connection issues. If it happens alot - try run nelisquare from terminal console using the following command "/opt/nelisquare/bin/nelisquare" (or "/opt/Nelisquare/bin/Nelisquare" depending of version installed) and check if there is any connection errors or timeouts shows up.
But if I put it into foreground and even if I click on "places" it does not reload the list of places, maybe, or it loads the list but clutters it with the places of my last position. Anyway, I do not see the new, nearer venues even if I scroll down the list.
application keeps last acquired position from gps and uses it if new one is not available atm. when application goes foreground - gps starts working again(as it has been switched off), and it takes some time to warm up.
I suggest Nelisquare should reload the list of places when the user clicks on that button/tab.
actually it does. If you press any button("places","feed" so on) again, even if you are on that page already - content is reloaded from 4sq.

It's just take some time to warm up gps, you can speed up it by setting supl a-gps server to "supl.google.com". Gps lock time will be about 2-3 secs.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Custodian View Post

application keeps last acquired position from gps and uses it if new one is not available atm. when application goes foreground - gps starts working again(as it has been switched off), and it takes some time to warm up.

actually it does. If you press any button("places","feed" so on) again, even if you are on that page already - content is reloaded from 4sq.

It's just take some time to warm up gps, you can speed up it by setting supl a-gps server to "supl.google.com". Gps lock time will be about 2-3 secs.
Thank you for your explanation, and this is just what I expected. Also I am using supl.google.com since some time. But my experience is different. I waited not only for seconds but for minutes, still the old list. Then I restarted Nelisquare, and voilą, I had the new list with near venues.
I also made that other experiment: when having old list with Nelisquare, I started other app (Ubersquare) and it showed actual venues. I switched to Nelisqare: still the old list. I restarted Nelisquare: updated list. (This all with much waiting and multiple clicking the "places" button.)

Other note: I have used the photo upload feature today for the first time. Great! Nelisquare is now the most complete app for the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to rm53 For This Useful Post:
I started other app (Ubersquare) and it showed actual venues. I switched to Nelisqare: still the old list. I restarted Nelisquare: updated list
that's a weird behaviour. try launch from terminal as i wrote above. i'm almost done with some new features, and then logging support will be added soon, so we can polish the application

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
upgraded nelisquare to latest release (N900), but no more launcher-icon visible (even after reboot)...known issue?