Posts: 19 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Melbourne, Australia
Originally Posted by myk View Post
A lot of us ordered directly from Amazon with the pre-order, as they accept foreign billing address and credit cards, but still need a US delivery address. Forwarders used include Bongo and Shipito.
Lots of people used PriceUSA, who make it easier for a fee, but they have had delays.
If faulty, we rely on the US warranty, which means posting it back, and having Nokia send it via a freight forwarder again.
Which when you consider the $400 saving from Mobicity price, should be OK to cover a few shipments back and forth ...

I have used PriceUSA at the beginning of this month for 700AUD and I am still waiting (but maybe because Amazon is always out of stock)...

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Melbourne Australia
Originally Posted by paul. View Post
so i really want to get this phone and am looking at the cheapest and fastest option to get it to Australia.
the site isnt currently working for me, but i think you can get it from here for about 580 plus 40 shipping through a forwarder to australia. which seems to be about the best deal i can get. though i am unsure about their availability

http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/...er_id=!ORDERID!

can anyone tell me, if i order off this site, how long will it take to arrive, and are there any better deals/options for me?
I certainly would not be ordering from them. I placed a order with them on November 10 and had no sign of it ever being shipped. The ETA's keep getting pushed further back, in fact one of the warehouses is showing a ETA of March 2010!
I cancelled my order with them and ordered through another supplier last Tuesday (Ipmart), and they have already shipped my order.

Originally Posted by elmato.au View Post
We got 4 sent over via this guy

We got him to get them via Amazon as that was the cheapest option at the time. (several months ago) I believe being based in NY, he gets slugged with some additional sales tax.

He is very good with warranties, which is fortunate as of the 4 units we got sent over, 1 had the dreaded reboot bug. (currently on its way back to amazon as we speak)

As for postage times, Id imagine if you ordered it today, you'd have it within a fortnight. Depending on availability at whatever online store you choose obviously.

Edit: Actually yeah I forgot about christmas looming... On second thoughts, dont expect it within a fortnight..
hey mate, how much did bonzer charge you to buy phones through him ?

i want him to buy it through newegg if possible.