Posts: 640 | Thanked: 435 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ rajvoSa BA
well, programming is not really easy task, especially if developer is not restricted to one platform + nobody gives any care for dev who codes directly for end users.
theres costs: time (reading, thinking, writing, testing, rewriting, fixing, testing...), hardware (doesn't matter what segment you're working with, you must have hardware to test on), software (usually IDE's, SDK's, API's....are not free...even not case with harmattan/meego, but to get knowledge about programming, one had to use commercial tools before)...
it's work just as any other and, indeed, as thedead said, it's enthusiastic to code on such platforms as harmattan if developer is not related to some higher source of incomes...
so, best way to support this enthusiasm is to give good feedback give ideas and such.
at least "thank you"...but that's too hard for some...and that's only reason why devs are not commonly seen in communities...+ why there's no many devs at all...

The Following User Says Thank You to wook_sf For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Since Vesuri hasn't started a thread yet, I think its better to inform people here that In Car Home Screen has been released to the Store already

Direct link for whom search can't find it: http://store.ovi.com/content/311076

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-09-11 at 12:03.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Since Vesuri hasn't started a thread yet, I think its better to inform people here that In Car Home Screen has been released to the Store already

Direct link for whom search can't find it: http://store.ovi.com/content/311076
Thank you ! Downloaded, installed and tested
I have a one request for this app... Vesuri, please, can you add automatic blanking OFF when this app starts ? Or at least add this to the setting of this app ?

For those who want to change Drive app to Waze, just run this command as ROOT:
Code:
sed -i 's/Exec=.*/Exec=\/usr\/bin\/single-instance \/opt\/waze\/bin\/waze/g' /usr/share/applications/nokia-drive-qml.desktop
If you want to restore to default, run this command as ROOT:
Code:
sed -i 's/Exec=.*/Exec=\/usr\/bin\/drive-qml/;s/#Exec=.*/#Exec=\/usr\/bin\/invoker --type=d --type=m \/usr\/bin\/drive-qml/g' /usr/share/applications/nokia-drive-qml.desktop

P.S. It will be added to Tweak G in the next version..

Last edited by Schturman; 2012-09-11 at 14:46.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
I'll put up a new thread for In Car Home Screen so let's not discuss it further here. However, since there are instructions I'd like to correct here, here goes:

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
For those who want to change Drive app to Waze, just run this command as ROOT:
Code:
sed -i 's/Exec=.*/Exec=\/usr\/bin\/single-instance \/opt\/waze\/bin\/waze/g' /usr/share/applications/nokia-drive-qml.desktop
It doesn't make much sense to modify the .desktop files of applications since each application should have its own .desktop file and new ones can be created by the user if needed. If the point here is to modify the configuration of In Car Home Screen, either wait for a future version with a configuration UI in it OR just run the following command in the Terminal (as a normal user), assuming that the Waze application's .desktop file is called waze.desktop:

Code:
gconftool --set --type string /apps/meegotouchhome-incar/launcher/0/desktop_
entry_path /usr/share/applications/waze.desktop
To reset back to Drive, use

Code:
gconftool --set --type string /apps/meegotouchhome-incar/launcher/0/desktop_
entry_path /usr/share/applications/nokia-drive-qml.desktop

Last edited by Vesuri; 2012-09-15 at 11:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Or Gconfik can be used to modify /apps/meegotouchhome-incar/launcher/0/desktop_entry_path to the desired value for those who want a GUI instead while awaiting Vesuri to put it into one of the next versions

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Here is something that I think could be added to HSS
Nebula effect:
http://www.professorcloud.com/mainsi...vas-nebula.htm

Starfield v2:
http://www.chiptune.com/starfield/starfield.html

here the view is set according to left-center-right, it would be awesome for homescreen to show left view on event, center on launcher and right-view for switcher. I think HSS has this already but it just switch back to center-view after the transition.

Any news on what features will be in the next update Vesuri?

Is it possible to have the battery percentage next to the battery icon? I know there are other mods out there that do this but they seem to be a bit buggy, and this app has probably been the most polished I've experienced on the N9.

Posts: 280 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Banyuwangi, Indonesia
@Vesuri,
Any plan to merge HSS and Unlock the rotation of most stock applications ?

The Following User Says Thank You to efion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by genchigenbutsu View Post
Any news on what features will be in the next update Vesuri?
At least a fix to "custom operator name" with certain languages (Chinese, for example) and fixes to some translations.

Is it possible to have the battery percentage next to the battery icon?
No, it isn't. That'd have to be hacked into system-ui.

I know there are other mods out there that do this but they seem to be a bit buggy, and this app has probably been the most polished I've experienced on the N9.
Thanks . That's mostly because it doesn't touch things that shouldn't be touched. Doing things like "unrestricted system-ui" is certainly possible, but that's about modifying and replacing system components entirely. It allows "anything" to be done but comes with the cost of needing the developers to maintain consistency and quality.

Originally Posted by efion View Post
@Vesuri,
Any plan to merge HSS and Unlock the rotation of most stock applications ?
No. It's a modification to libmeegotouch and requires replacing a system component completely, just like "unrestricted system-ui".

The Following User Says Thank You to Vesuri For This Useful Post:

Tags
home screen, homescreen, orientation, settings, wallpaper