Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
...So, in short, DSP driver rises and lowers DSP(and MPU accordongly) frequency when needed, you don't need to play with them. And when DSP is on MPU frequency never goes bellow 500.
Doesn't that mean that I should set the dsp @600 in every frequency step starting from 500 in order to record 720p?

Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
@Estel - while calculated values for vdd2 are not optimal, it is still better to set SR for vdd2 on too, voltages will be lower than without SR.
That what I'm afraid of I'm worried that, for upper limit 900 mhz (CPU) vdd2 may result in too low frequency... Sorry for bugging You with questions, but I'm no expert in regards of SR, so I understand it as working similar to how vdd1 was miss-calculated - too low for stable 850/900, too-high for power-saving on 125/250. But it seems, that I'm wrong here?

As for ammyt question, know You're fighting with fire ideas of putting DSP limit to 600 on low-frequency, but for non-experts, he seems to have rationale in his logic. If DSP (via driver) adjust frequency, basing decision on load, what is wrong with allowing it to go 'high' ( ), when needed?

Of course I'm not advocating doing so - from Your posts it seems a bad practice, I'm just asking about rationale.

Thanks in advance for explaining it even further.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
I pushed kernel-power v49 and kernel-power-settings v13 into extras-devel. Wait until autobuilder compile both packages... and maybe maemo package interface will show it. I pushed original kernel tarball from SDK repository

Last edited by pali; 2011-11-18 at 21:59.

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by strange1712 View Post
Desktop was unresponsive and laggy, checked dmesg and it was full of
Code:
HWRecoveryResetSGX: SGX Hardware Recovery triggered
Every interaction triggered one more line...
One more reboot fixed it...
I don't know what was that, it had never happened to my N900 before...
I've had that happen since PR1.0, with stock kernel. There's a small bug in the SGX driver in the kernel that in just the right scenario, will cause it to spin. In PR1.0 and stock kernel it can be triggered by having a couple of apps constantly updating their display, even when in the background. (Modrana and a couple widgets used to do this, which is how I found out about it.)

There are patches to the SGX driver upstream, but they haven't been back-ported to this kernel. I know Titan was looking into doing so, and some of it may have been ported back since you still had enough interface to reset the device. In stock and Titan, when sgx driver went south the display froze and you were done... if you were lucky a long power press would shut you down.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
Yes, indeed it was "painly usable", but usable, so I could read that output from dmesg. Thanks for getting light on this...
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by pali View Post
I pushed kernel-power v49 and kernel-power-settings v13 into extras-devel. Wait until autobuilder compile both packages... and maybe maemo package interface will show it. I pushed original kernel tarball from SDK repository
Thanks! I am using it now. So far, so good.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Posts: 117 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Samnan,Sharjah,U.A.E.
WoW great news

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
now thats what i call perfection...

thanks a lot freemangordon....u are a genius...!

using 805 freq @ 540 dsp....
not a single reboot...
all videos play fine...
video recording is awesome...

and battery is lasting about 8-10 hours under heavy usage.......

thanks...

@freemangordon,

I currently use the default unmodified frequency table, max clock 600(when not recording HD), but when playing back videos (800x reso 4Mbps) the video stops after some time. this is caused by too low voltage at certain frequency eg @600MHZ.

Is there any way to set a custom voltage to SR desired values ?, mine sits @ "38", as i can recall i required about 40 to achieve issue-less payback.
Or is it something to do with SRvdd2 not calibrating correct values ?

Thanks in advance.

nkirk.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@Estel - VDD2 has nothing to do with MPU, it is interconnect bus voltage. And has only 3 OPPs. Damn, just enable it.

@all - the reason why I strongly recommend to not overclock DSP bellow MPU@720 when SR enabled is the nkirk's post - voltages are just not enough. As simple as that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou