Notices

Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
doubleplusgood theme.

very nice theme, but the button that should appear on top of the screen when for example you want to delete multiple mails or photos stays totally invisible. the button is there allright and you can use it, if you know where it is supposed to be.

The Following User Says Thank You to vonbraun66 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 151 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Düsseldorf
yes please fix it. Here is a picture of the "missing" button:

Posts: 297 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ new jersey, usa
Originally Posted by ian_ryge View Post
It took longer than I expected, but I finally got the Okuda theme for N900/Maemo 5 to a releasable state. The package is currently in the extras-testing repository, so please try it out and vote to promote if you find no major problems. You'll have to reboot after switching themes for various icons and text colors to take effect (Maemo bug 3659). Send feedback and bug reports to lcars [at] synthesize.us (or just post in this thread).

The theme includes 403 icons, for which I made a custom template (below). The icon template gets sliced during the build process, just like the rest of the theme. Source is available, so if any other theme makers want to cover lots of icons, this should make that a bit easier. (If you want to theme a different selection of icons, you could make your own template layout with the script at the bottom of this old post by my brother.)

Enjoy!

Awesome work man. Love the colors.

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Düsseldorf
ohh no i've found another issue:

please a add more icons

Originally Posted by dana.s View Post
nice one man thanks, i think if you could change something in the Menu it will be great, because it still gives the old feeling.
Unfortunately I don't have time to do the app icons any time soon, but maybe eventually.

Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
Seems to work nicely, though I think you should remove the blue border on the desktop and the fat background behind the desktop icons(they appear to use up more space now).
It's easy enough to use a solid black png as your wallpaper if you want to get rid of the outline. Maybe I'll package one in a later version. I'll play around with the applet sizes too.

EDIT: Unrelated question, does anyone know if you can get the current theme directory in Xterm?
All the themes are in /opt/usr/share/themes/ but I'm not actually sure how to check which theme is in use on the command line, if that's what you're asking.

Originally Posted by vonbraun66 View Post
very nice theme, but the button that should appear on top of the screen when for example you want to delete multiple mails or photos stays totally invisible. the button is there allright and you can use it, if you know where it is supposed to be.
Oops, I'll fix that soon.

Originally Posted by DonPIZI View Post
ohh no i've found another issue:

please a add more icons
Like I said above, I'm busy with other projects and can't really keep adding icons right now. I've covered 403, and there are about 1000 left... I had to stop somewhere, but I encourage you to pick up where I left off. That envelope is themed because I saw it was used on a few buttons (and didn't notice it in that list til later).

Glad you guys like the theme.

The Following User Says Thank You to ian_ryge For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Oh, I thought it actually was in theme somehow. Anyway you've seem to have set a color wrong somewhere, in OMWeather you can't see the main text(it's black but should be white IMO).

The Following User Says Thank You to ToJa92 For This Useful Post:
you've seem to have set a color wrong somewhere, in OMWeather you can't see the main text(it's black but should be white IMO).
I think that's more of a bug with OMWeather. It appears they're using ButtonTextColor but only displaying the button graphics for the clicked state... They should either use DefaultTextColor or the generic button graphic for the normal states of those buttons. I don't actually use OMWeather currently, but I'll file a bug with them at some point (unless you beat me to it).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ian_ryge For This Useful Post:
If you ever decide to do a maemo Orange version of this, I'll be all over this in a heartbeat.

Though I would have to thank you profusely for releasing the source, which means I can actually mod it myself when I find myself some free time.

Originally Posted by eiraku View Post
If you ever decide to do a maemo Orange version of this, I'll be all over this in a heartbeat.

Though I would have to thank you profusely for releasing the source, which means I can actually mod it myself when I find myself some free time.
I look forward to seeing what you come up with. I made everything with Inkscape and included the SVG files in the source, so you could actually make batch color changes by search/replacing hex color values with a text editor.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ian_ryge For This Useful Post:

Tags
fremantle, theme release