Kilmar,

Did you have to go through any special steps to do the tether or was it straight forward? The reason I got picky about the model number was that I can't find a T-Mobile Blackberry unlimited web plan for $5.

Originally Posted by johnkzin View Post
My understading is that the "Tmobile Web" is for connecting to web servers only, so ports 80 and 443 should be fine.

But, in order to not violate your terms of service, if you want to connect to other ports (say, ssh from your tablet to an ssh server), you'd need the "total internet" package.

Some ports to try: ssh, imap, imaps, smtp, imap, imaps, pop, spop

or, try to skype from your tablet.

If you have a Blackberry, you have a BlackBerry data plan, otherwise the PIN network cannot be used -- you need to be on the right data plan or you do not get email.

Ergo, unless T-Mobile has totally broken their BlackBerry Internet Plan like they did a couple of years ago. When they did that, they only let you reach web ports, blocked SSH, and blocked most IM networks (my XMPP server, for example)

I have a T-mobile blackberry curve 8320 and no luck whatsoever tethering. I know several people have had the same problem. I am going to purchase a nokia N95 just so I can tether with my n810. I love this tablet!

I was able to tether my N800 to my 8700g on T-Mobile last night, but one problem: it work for *one* connection. Once I disconnect, I can't reestablish a data connection unless I power cycle the phone (pull the battery.)

Originally Posted by WolfKeeper View Post
I was able to tether my N800 to my 8700g on T-Mobile last night, but one problem: it work for *one* connection. Once I disconnect, I can't reestablish a data connection unless I power cycle the phone (pull the battery.)
Same here with a BB Pearl on ATT. The connection basically doesn't work.

If anyone has managed to reliably connect to a BB from N810, can you please post your detailed setup here?

My understanding is that there is something funky about BB's implementation of bluetooth DUN. Only windows PCs work reliably. Mac users have to use a special modem script. Is there an equivalent of such a modem script for N810?

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by pearl62 View Post
It works flawlessly for me... I am using OS2008 with my N800 and a BB8830.
Not working for me (and a few others). Can you explain how you did it? I am able to pair, but cannot keep a connection.

Last edited by SD69; 2007-12-27 at 17:53.

I have problem tethering through bluetooth to BB 8800 even from XP (using IVT BlueSoleil 2.6 driver); however tethering to BB 8800 works fine after switching to native XP driver (on the same hardware) following this guide: http://www.blackberryforums.com/blue...-adapters.html.

This indicate problem is in driver and if someone is able to figure out how to emulate XP bluetooth native driver on N800 / N810; it should fix problem tethering to BB for good.

I have been able to tether my n810 to my BB for quite a while now. I have the unlimited corporate data plan.

Do you tether your tablet to a blackberry? Vote for Nokia to fix the DUN bug so your mobile connectivity experience improves.

following is my finding with various bluetooth combinations:

- N810 + Sony Ericsson z310i => works
- XP + Sony Ericsson z310i => works
- N810 + BB 8800 => failed
- XP + IVT 2.6 driver + BB 8800 => failed
- XP + native driver + BB 8800 => works

anyone successfully tether N810 + BB 8800 (firmware v4.2.1.101)? I upgraded N810 to diablo yesterday but still no luck. Any pointer is appreciated. thanks

I am using version 4.2.1.74 and I can tether my n810 to my t-mobile BB 8800 fine in addition to os X and default xp drivers...

Do you tether your tablet to a blackberry? Vote for Nokia to fix the DUN bug so your mobile connectivity experience improves.