Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Arkanoid, Please explain. Do you mean that the N900 automatically adds a new contact every time a new person calls you? If you mean the merging stuff I don't get it. If I have the same person as different contacts I just merge them and they're....merged.
Probably I just misunderstand what you mean completely.

I mean I carefully merge all my address book contacts properly, then I wait several days and.. bang! Some random contacts are spontaneously unmerged. I thought it was sync to blame, but it still happened when I disabled sync. And it became even worse in Harmattan.

Last edited by arkanoid; 2012-08-14 at 10:00.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
To Whom It May Concern,

I pre-ordered the N900 after reading about it and the previous Nxxx's that I'd never heard of until then. I bought another for my fiancee 6 months later. She had it for a good while, but it was too geeky for her and she got an E7 as She cannot live without hardware keyboard.

Had the two N900's for a while (months) but sold one as it wasnt getting much use.

I did a bit of developing on the N900, and a LOT of modding!

I got the N9 when it was first released in Australia, and loved it the whole way. I can live without hardware keyboard with this device! It has its problems like every device, but I love how easy it is to modify it! Ive made a whole new theme set with extra haptic feedback, modified phone UI... Then theres everyone else......! OC'ing, inception, etc. etc.

I consider myself a advanced user, and now; a developer because of both the N900 and especially; the N9. I've brought my graphic design skills to life in my developing.

Oh, and I wouldn't say no to a hardware keyboard either.

Regards,
F2K.

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by arkanoid View Post
> But your whining about contacts lists and all that is not high up on my list.

And that's amazing that one of primary function of portable gadgets, managing personal infomration is *not* high up on everyone's list. Maybe that's just because the implementation always sucked and you gave up?

I must say that I absolutely loved the PIM capabilities of the old PalmPilots! Loved how Syncing and the Palm Desktop worked.

But then my last Palm broke, and I had all my PIM data locked up in Palm Desktop and couldn't export all my calendar data. And I moved away from Windows on which the Palm Desktop software ran.

While the N900 and N9 calendar works nicely, I haven't gotten syncing working yet - and am not so sure of Google having ALL of my data just yet!

The Following User Says Thank You to zamorph For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zamorph View Post
I must say that I absolutely loved the PIM capabilities of the old PalmPilots! Loved how Syncing and the Palm Desktop worked.

But then my last Palm broke, and I had all my PIM data locked up in Palm Desktop and couldn't export all my calendar data. And I moved away from Windows on which the Palm Desktop software ran.

While the N900 and N9 calendar works nicely, I haven't gotten syncing working yet - and am not so sure of Google having ALL of my data just yet!
I always hated Palm because it was non-autonomous and not self-sufficient. If you have a Palm it means you have a "computer" to sync with somewhere, otherwise your productivity is seriously impaired. Even back in 1994 it was obvious that the idea is flawed, that's why I owned a pocket PC (real x86, I mean) instead. Maybe it sucked big time with PIM usability, but hardware keyboard and native software were the killer features (former one is why I was not into Psions)

And PalmOS was a complete disaster in just every aspect. It survived CPU architecture change with no refactoring. All ugly hacks and glitches that were invented to keep the price tag low on 1994 hardware were to stay forever til it died due to natural reasons in 2005 or whenever. I owned a Sony UX50, the top device and even s80v1 looked like advanced OS being compared to it.

But I was not impressed with Palm's native PIM at all. Agendus is all different story, it was real state of the art thing.

Last edited by arkanoid; 2012-08-14 at 16:02.

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
The question is, why would jolla pay any attention to you?

Why is your input more valuable than some random stranger's from the street?

You haven't shown any credentials, your message is probably not more than spam at this point to jolla.

"Credentials"? Who cares? What "credentials" do you expect?
Elop has "credentials", go ask his "valuable and well-baked" advice instead.

Last edited by arkanoid; 2012-08-14 at 16:12.

Jolla will most likely not venture into some high end development right from the start. They first need to get the wheels turning for the investors.

Originally Posted by taviman View Post
Jolla will most likely not venture into some high end development right from the start. They first need to get the wheels turning for the investors.
Yes, most likely. The first goal is to get running as much as possible from Meego without being sued by Nokia. I expect the pilot model to have many imperfections but we can live with it.

The question is general attitude: is Jolla brave enough to make it user-friendly like phone and geek-friendly like computer at the same moment? The main question: are they willing to try?

I loved swipe ui, but it probably won't be there.

Last edited by arkanoid; 2012-08-15 at 07:29.

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
Originally Posted by arkanoid View Post
"Credentials"? Who cares? What "credentials" do you expect?
Elop has "credentials", go ask his "valuable and well-baked" advice instead.
Well, he held a couple of executive positions in various companies. That kind of makes him qualified.

What did you accomplish?

Tags
lumiatard