Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
What hasn't jolla shutdown yet :O

The Following User Says Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Aug 2014 @ England, UK
Losing the repos and store isn't too big a deal as many apps have Github pages and/or are also available on Openrepos. I have made a list of all the apps I've got, with their related links elsewhere, so that if the store goes down I can try to maintain contacts and updates.

The firmware on the other hand...I'm curious whether it is possible for us to extract the proprietary blobs (for our own personal use as it would be illegal to distribute) and deposit them into a flashable image from the source code, which others have made images for Android devices from.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paspie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Paspie View Post
Losing the repos and store isn't too big a deal as many apps have Github pages and/or are also available on Openrepos.
Might be a big deal, ever tried to enable dev mode while offline? It calls home to DL some packages, with store down we might end up with undevlockable devices

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Well what happens if one takes a fresh N9 and enables devmode? Did someone make a work around maybe via additional repos added? Maybe something similar could be done for Sailfish and installable via openrepos

The Following User Says Thank You to salyavin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on Aug 2014 @ England, UK
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
t calls home to DL some packages...
In that case we need to archive those packages!