Closed Thread
Yet another victim of reboot loop... Should have checked here before the update. I have... had Diablo with rtcomm update and lots of application from both diablo and chinook repositories on my N810

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by svrkprabhakar View Post
Well guys, you are right that it cant continuously poll and you are also right that it can't be 24 hrs. But it should happen for sure at least once immediately after the tablet connects to internet (as many number of times it connects to internet in a day)!
You really hate battery life, don't you? Polling the complete repository list isn't a trivial task (especially not for those people who insist on installing every repository they can find).

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2006 @ New Mexico, USA
New update... I never turn the tablet off at night but do take it "offline"... so automatic update did not occur... started up App Manager and looked for new update... finally came up after about 10 minutes of just sitting about half way through the "Looking...".

Started the install... took about 5 minutes from start to finish... rebooted automatically... and the tablet appeared as it did prior to the update... all programs were there as before... all settings were as before... for all intents and purposes the tablet appeared as though no update had even happened. Checked Control Panel "About"... showed new update, so I am assuming the update did in fact take place and all is good.

One thing I did notice with the update is that the Camera app seems to have been fixed... prior to update rotating camera would NOT flip image... now it works properly!

Tablet is working just fine... no challenges what-so-ever! Thanks for the Team Effort!!!

Regards,

Omega

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by harpgliss View Post
Hi,

The update worked fine here with my N800.

One issue I have is I lost about 12 mb of device memory.
n810.avi + manuals + moby´s mp3?

i had the lack of powerbutton menu and infinite reboot loop with led flashing. luckily i've downloaded the diablo fw to my laptop so reflash was very fast (2 minutes maybe)

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
Thanks Fanoush! Now booting from SD with new version. Here's how I did it (on my n800; not sure about n810 booting from internal card), in case it helps others:

I booted from flash. Then did SSU update, which worked fine. Then I used fanoush's initfs flasher. (Follow instructions in this order: 4, 5, 9, 10; you do not need to enter "mv bootmenu.conf.n8x0.example bootmenu.conf" at step 5.)

Upon reboot, I had my bootmenu, and there was no option or need to run SSU while booting from SD.

I will now refrain from rotating to portrait mode until emjayes updates sliderotate. I sure hate to get those double panes!

EDIT: Below, the smart kids say I'm confused. Even though control panel while booting from SD shows updated version, it's wrong. Read on, or come back here later after I've figured out how to update SSU while booting from SD....)

UPDATE.

Last edited by lm2; 2008-09-30 at 17:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lm2 For This Useful Post:
Ditto, thanks fanoush! Booting from sd card perfectly.

Now just waiting for new rotation etc kernels. Almost everything else seamless.

Originally Posted by codeMonkey View Post
Ditto, thanks fanoush! Booting from sd card perfectly.

Now just waiting for new rotation etc kernels. Almost everything else seamless.
Is the kernel new, then?

(I'm still fighting to verify my SD backup before I go nuts with the update... )

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by lm2 View Post
Thanks Fanoush! Now booting from SD with new version. Here's how I did it, in case it helps others:

I booted from flash. Then did SSU update, which worked fine. Then I used fanoush's initfs flasher. (Follow instructions in this order: 4, 5, 9, 10; you do not need to enter "mv bootmenu.conf.n8x0.example bootmenu.conf" at step 5.)

Upon reboot, I had my bootmenu, and there was no option or need to run SSU while booting from SD.

I will now refrain from rotating to portrait mode until emjayes updates sliderotate. I sure hate to get those double panes!
Does this apply to the n810 boot from internal memory?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Is the kernel new, then?
Yes, and kernel sources are available on the Maemo 4.1.1 repository. I'm not looking forward to see how this is going to go down.

That sounds like the SDK repos are now caught up to the device repos... I hope so, anyway.

Closed Thread

Tags
diablo, os2008, ssu, upgrade