Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Faheem, you dropped a bunch of stuff from your sig to make room? Might I suggest the more concise "El primer Diablo". (And someone correct me & Google if that's not right...)
Yeah

I kept the best stuff, my application manager mod is moot under diablo unless i recompile it again

I'm not so hot/keen on my Latin (?)

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I did submit a request for restoring manual refresh, though, based on rcadden's (tabletguru) input.
We have manual refresh. It's that little rotating arrow button in Application manager.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Faheem, you dropped a bunch of stuff from your sig to make room? Might I suggest the more concise "El primer Diablo". (And someone correct me & Google if that's not right...)
Maybe you meant El Pollo Diablo?

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
We have manual refresh. It's that little rotating arrow button in Application manager.
Hmm. The request was specific to the menu... eh, all they can do is slap me down.

Last edited by Texrat; 2008-05-11 at 18:32.

One explanation for the uncertainty surrounding apt-get upgrades from Diablo to the next release: even with Debian and Ubuntu, sometimes upgrades between different distributions go wrong. Other distributions like Fedora tend to suggest that you either upgrade from the install DVD, or do a clean install (to make sure that the right packages get installed, etc.).

So just because the Nokia developers can't guarantee yet that Diablo will be upgradable to Diablo+1 without reflashing, does not mean that individual Diablo components won't be upgradable (from several recent posts showing available updates, obviously they can)

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by fms View Post
Is GPS performance better now? Any evidence of it using AGPS?
No, AGPS is not yet built in. Currently there is an early alpha AGPS application (Nokia internal only) in testing.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
@Texrat: In application manager - can you report a feature request? Like refresh button to be enabled on the main screen, not just in update and install.

Spanish; what I said was intended (& certified by Google language tools) to mean "The first Devil" (Diablo is Spanish for Devil). As for the chicken devil... interesting. But I like El Jersey Diablo better...

Anyway, I recommended how to change the repo, so that makes me...

Last edited by Benson; 2008-05-11 at 18:27.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
@Texrat: In application manager - can you report a feature request? Like refresh button to be enabled on the main screen, not just in update and install.
That *may* be the one rcadden had me submit.

Last edited by Texrat; 2008-05-11 at 18:33.

Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Booting from SD is cheaper.
Very true, but also much too late for that sound line of reasoning, in my case (I didn't *intend* to end up like this, actually). So given the situation, I'll say it's safer to boot from separate devices :-)

PS: anyone tried it on a 770 running OS2008HE, yet ? :-)