Posts: 45 | Thanked: 136 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Poland
Originally Posted by badpixel View Post
A co to TT? (definitely not Tourist Throphy in that context ;-)
a Takie Tam :P

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Hi,
I'm also serously thinking of getting again a N9. Jolla is great but too big for my hands. And my iPhone experience is not so great.

My main concern is about web browsing. Is there any browser which allows to browse modern websites in good conditions?

Thanks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by romu View Post
Hi,
I'm also serously thinking of getting again a N9. Jolla is great but too big for my hands. And my iPhone experience is not so great.

My main concern is about web browsing. Is there any browser which allows to browse modern websites in good conditions?

Thanks.
Opera Mobile, firefox with flash player

The Following User Says Thank You to genes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Austria
For me the standard browser is also still quite up to the task, i use it the most. Opera Mobile (12.10.1) and Firefox are much more power hungry. But i'm using all of them (mostly standard browser and Opera), since sometimes certain webpages are not working properly on one of this three.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shadowdog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Originally Posted by genes View Post
Opera Mobile, firefox with flash player
Last time I used my N9, Firefox Mobile was stuck at 16.0 or 17.0. Did this change?

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Yep, somewhere around that.
Mine is still v15.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

And here is link for Notekeeper, that works better on N9 than SimpleNote, if you ask me.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4hod85fst...armel.deb?dl=0

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zxcvbnm3230 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 188 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Poland
I will attached myself to this thread as it right now Im in progress of buying the n9, again. Im more of the n900 user, as it is the best mobile computer I ever had. Now I need n9 for just being powerfull phone and some kind of backup.

for a year I missing n900 ability to chat over facebook, can someone tell me if the same problem still afecting n9 too? If yes if there is some work over it? On the n900 platform I couldn't see any interest over it for about a year.

I need my phone to do many different things but having live fb chat would be veeeeery helpful.

Fb chat works on N9 with stock fb client. But the notifications are not online - background checking of new messages is probably done every 15, 30... minutes (don't know exactly).

Another way is to use m.facebook.com - but no notifications at all, naturally. Or combine both ways. :-)