Ermining worked fine for me until today (minus some funny mishandling of daylight saving -- some of my local appointments were shifted by one hour). Today I recreated some of my appointments on Google (I mistakently thought they were shifted, but it turns out I forgot to reset my TZ after vacationing), and now Erminig would use up all available memory when trying to retrieve Google events from that calendar. This is a calendar I accessed in GC from another Google account that I also own (so AccountA:Calendar1 is actually AccountB:Calendar1).

Other calendars under AccountA still work, but I have these two overlapping events on the same calendar, and the later event got shifted to the next day.

Originally Posted by Greyghost View Post
Hey Tim, it's not clear to me from your post what 'it' was that caused the disaster. Was it Erming? Or are you referring to the above-mentioned use of a built-in GPE/Google sync?
I have read about similar problems in a german IT-Forum a few weeks ago (double entries). I have never configured the "build-in" sync (if there is one?). Problem seems to occur when you move entrys in GPE or in google calendar - maybe it is not possible to recognize an object again and therefore it is created a 2nd time and synced as new? I have no idea why i have lost recurring events... that is the bigger problem.

Tim

Originally Posted by timkawa View Post
.. the "build-in" sync (if there is one?).
Tim
Yes, in GPE Calendar goto Tools-Calendars. Then click the edit icon (pencil and paper) and up pops data elements that need to be filled in. You will need to get the ICAL URL(only one I tried, others may work) for your calendar in google. You can get to it in Google by managing the calendar->Private Address, then click on ICAL.

I just set it up and it works fine for me.

HTH
Didjit

The Following User Says Thank You to didjit86 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Canada
I believe ICal is only a download (i.e. from your google calendar to the IT) It is not a sync solution.

I changed my passwd in gcal and now erminig does nothing at all! Has anyone had that problem?!

This is definitely one of my prize apps for my N800

Edit: I changed my gcal param in erminig, of course

Last edited by kgingeri; 2008-01-16 at 05:15.

I take back my previous post re Erminig not syncing - i went looking and installed Goosync for my Treo, did a sync with it and when i came back and restarted Erminig, lo and behold it was working!

Just a note: Previously the Add and Edit were grayed out and not accessible; they're back

Liife is better again

I'd like to pitch in here, that I thought the Nokia 8x's were sort of "optimized" to work with the google docs, calendars and the whole web 2.0 or whatever its called. I've not seen any real easy integrated use for my google stuff, and in fact its kind of a problem. I'll open a thread to talk more about it. Thanks.

OK, I'm little red-faced re my previous post of Erminig not being active. It turns out that I didn't have my wireless connection on the first time - I have it manual to conserve the battery (seems to help, not sure) therefore I manually connect when needed.

As for the Web 2.0 comment...
I think things are coming alone quite nicely. You won't find any other small device (excluding UMPCs running Windows) that does as nice a job. OS2008 and the browser supports Google docs quite nicely, I find.
JM2CW

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Originally Posted by timkawa View Post
I have no idea why i have lost recurring events... that is the bigger problem.

Tim
Hey Tim,

I haven't checked TahitiBob's site lately, but I think that recurring events are not currently supported by Erminig.

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
From Erminig web page:
Which events are supported ?

All single and recurring events are supported, excepted recurrent events using a number of occurence limit.

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
From Erminig web page:
Which events are supported ?

All single and recurring events are supported, excepted recurrent events using a number of occurence limit.
Birthdays are not limeted and therefore they should be supported because they are recurring events without a number of occurence limit... but it did not work. I didnīt investigate because I can live without sync but on the other hand: it is quite poor having such a nice device without calender sync