So it seems the n700/800/810 have made into the hands of alot of different people all with there own use for it. So what is your use for it? an what apps do you use. Im interested in what every one is using there device for.

Il set the ball rolling, my device (n800 os2008) has two rolls for me, one its handy for taking down lecture notes on, insted of having to lug about the laptop or a notebook and pen.

The second is for doing a few basic security consultancy checks basic recon stuff really, as well as taking notes on stuff I find or need to check later.

So what do I run on mine,

well we have:

nmap
dsniff
aircrack-ng suit
wget
curl
tcpdump
php-cli
apache
[added in a edit]
python
ruby
greasemonkey

( at the moment im keeping the list small, more than likely once my new mmc card gets here an I set it to boot from there though I will get a bigger kit on it )

Last edited by Ricky-Lee; 2008-01-12 at 13:50.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
Something in between paperweight and bathtub browser...

It works great as a flashlight!

Posts: 531 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ This side of insane, that side of genius
pizza stone, hammer, table shim
ElmScan 5 BlueTooth
BlackBerry Bold (9000)
AT&T Wireless

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Melfa, VA, USA
Streaming music gps navigation geocaching and primary browser device since my laptop died.

There is something cool about putting the n800 in my pocket and having im and call possibilities while listening to music.

Last edited by nrune; 2008-01-12 at 13:59.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Now look here! I'd say that's pretty personal and -- Oh, you meant the Nokia tablet?

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
I use mine for blogging, internet radio, keeping up with jaiku, and gaming. Some browsing, as well.

FBReader and linux playground.

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ New Jersey
Always-on browser (no need to boot up the pc for piddly tasks), IM, Calendar/scheduler.

I'd like it to replace my mp3 player, but it hasn't yet.

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Now look here! I'd say that's pretty personal and -- Oh, you meant the Nokia tablet?
roflmao