I am currently using mobile 3 option. How do I start a new thread? Or go back to the options page? Thanks!

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Brooklyn, NY

Many thanks!

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
Navigating this site on the N800 is horrible now. As a result, I visit this site less and less. How long can it take to fix this?

Originally Posted by howardcb View Post
Just for the fun of it, I went to an Apple Store, and tried the IPOD Touch on this site, and it worked fine.
When I went to the Apple store, I found that the itT homepage froze the iPhone and iTouch more often than not.

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Navigating this site on the N800 is horrible now. As a result, I visit this site less and less. How long can it take to fix this?
The advice seems to be to use Classic viewing mode. However the Home page does not permit this option. At least not that I have been able to find.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by PJE View Post
Using Adblock Plus I have no problems using this site on my N800 with OS2008.
Seconded. However, there's enough folks having trouble with the site that I'm throwing in with the "please redesign" crowd. Influencing my vote is the fact that on some tablets Adblock Plus apparently slows the browser down, so it may not be a solution for everyone.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2008-01-11 at 13:04. Reason: Minor correction

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ localhost
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Seconded. However, there's enough folks having trouble with the site that I'm throwing in with the "please redesign" crowd. Influencing my vote is the fact that on some tablets Adblock Plus apparently slows the browser down, so it may not be a solution for everyone.
With adblock my browser is not working at all. So I uninstalled it.

(Making further comments about this site is useless as nothing is being done about it anyway)

Originally Posted by PJE View Post
Do you have Adblock Plus installed? I don't see any more ads on the site...

Also, I would recommend doing the pageMoveUp/Down modification outlined in http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...4&postcount=11

To do the latter I installed becomeroot and nano and then from xterm I typed:

sudo gainroot
nano /usr/lib/microb-engine/chrome/toolkit/content/global/platformHTMLBindings.xml

Modified the two lines and saved my changes.

I then used about:config to change 'snav.enabled' to false.

These two additions transformed the site for me.
Thanks very much for that advice, I'll give it a go!

However, it misses the point a little bit, and that is that you should not have to change your browser defaults to view a site that is about the very device you are having to modify the defaults on.

I find the site usable, but only just on my N800 OS2008. That is a parlous state of affairs.

Hell, I find the skylinkweather.com site more usable on the IT than this one.

I'm grateful for this amazing resource for my IT, I just wish it was tailored more to it.