Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
take a backup first or something, just in case...

something tells me we will see more stuff like this...

It is not just that. There is a bit of evil in them. Applets are moving around when you do not want it, but it is hard to move them back. Usually I have to try several times, before it actually moves. It is hard to imagine how it can be written like that, but it is.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
talking about the patched desktop?

i have found the nokia provided applets to have very small "grip" areas, but the third party ones are more often then not easy to move when i want to.

Didnt expect this many replied to the old thread.

Thanks for the updates but will be waiting until something standard comes out! Or more likely will have a few beers over the weekend and poke the DEB's in.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Indiana
I see that this 'bug' has been resolved. I can't get it to work, all the .deb's have lines thru them and I get an incompatible version when I try to install. I have an n810 with Diablo 43-7 installed. Having your applets rearranged all the time is a pain...any ideas?

Is there something that I need to do special to get them to lock now?

Was there ever a time you could get them to lock/stay in place? Am I missing something?

In the older OS.

I would love to know how to get it over to my n810. It is really really frustrating. Such a simple thing that makes a huge difference!

Was this ever made available as a patch to OS2008? Reports of it working would be appreciated (and a pointer to a step-by-step on how to install it).