Finally joined this community after months of watching an reading. Sorry for my english gramma but here comes a question which I will consult you on.

Seriously thinking of buying an N900 even though there is some uncertainty about the upcoming OS. Will it get Meego or not, though it would be nice to know, right now I don't care much. Just want linux in my pocket.

One of the problems which I believe will be an issue for me though, could be the size. Do it fit in my pocket and do i need to take an extra belt on to keep my pants up ?

So to all you maemo people in here, how do you carry your N900 (belt, pocket, bag, hand etc....) ? And is the size and weight a problem?

oestR

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
It easily fits in the pocket, even in the CP-321 case. No extra belts needed

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
I bought a separate backpack for. Just be careful when it starts vibrating. Seriously? Unless you use very (very very) tight pants, the size wont disturb you...

About MeeGo you can follow the discussion in this forum. If you have been around for long enough you saw the many threads about it.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
it is huge. I ended up carrying mine with this when walking outside:

need to buy a tractor plus rear cart for the summer.....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
When I first considered buying the N900, the size had me worried.

I can happily confirm what Duffer is saying: the size of the N900 isn't an issue at all.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Norwich, UK
Mine is more than happy in my pocket, and I have it in a flip case that's a bit more bulky than the CP-321 Duffer mentioned - That said, I come from an E90 so by comparison the N900's tiny anyway.
To me, the N900 is much more pocketable than a lot of touchscreens on the market - It's thickness adds bulk, but as it isn't as wide as most it slips into pockets easily (shorter and less wide than an iPhone for example, just thicker).

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
It is quite large compared to a normal phone, but as others say it isn't too big to carry around.
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Is that a N900 in your pocket or you just pleased to see me?

Seriously tho, it fits in the pocket just fine unless you wear skin tight pants.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
It's a chunky phone, but not huge by any means. If you search around, there's a link somewhere to whatever that site is that lets you visually compare different objects to scale - that should help. As far as carrying it, I use a gadget holster from UrbanTool, but a medium-sized belt case would work as well. I rarely carry it in my pockets, but anything that isn't jeans or similarly tight-fitting pants will probably hold it. As far as needing an extra belt to hold up your pants, I think you're fine there... you can just get more holes punched in the one you have. (no, but seriously, that won't be an issue unless you carry as many gadgets as I do) (edit: no, I'm not kidding... I have to go get that done)

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
When I first considered buying the N900, the size had me worried.

I can happily confirm what Duffer is saying: the size of the N900 isn't an issue at all.
Cthulhu: Do you carry yours clipped to your tentacles?