Hello,
I do this for open testing depository :
Application manager --> Application catalogs --> New
Catalog name: maemo.org extras-testing
Web address: http://repository.maemo.org/extras-testing
Distribution: fremantle
Components: free non-free

But I got error message :
:http://repository.maemo.org/extras-t...armel/Packages 404 not found [IP:213.248.111.58 80]
http://repository.maemo.org/extras-t...armel/Packages 404 not found 404 not found [IP:213.248.111.58 80]

What can I do ?

Hi there, i don't think you should be in the "old" section. A mod will probably move your thread shortly
Are you sure you have an internet connection? Can you access the repo from you browser (just follow the link)
Note that apps in extras-testing are not safe for sure. You might hurt your phone if you use them and are not very tech-savvy

Yes I have internet connection and I can access to ExtraS. I just try the link in web browser and it works.
So I try with red pill but i got the same error message and can't refresh repository

Last edited by soleil; 2009-12-04 at 23:00.

Originally Posted by soleil View Post
Yes I have internet connection and I can access to ExtraS. I just try the link in web browser and it works.
So I try with red pill but i got the same error message and can't refresh repository
Don't use red pill mode unless you really know what you are doing. It can cause more problems than it solves. You don't need red pill mode to use Extras Testing.

My advice would be to copy and paste the working URL from you browser into the App Manager field. Even when I doublecheck it, I always get it wrong when I manually type in the URLs.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
1) Do not try red pill. You can do everything it provides by using way more safe ways.
2) No need to repost this in another thread...

Ok it works now . i delete "fremantle" in distribution and it works . Thank for helps

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by soleil View Post
Ok it works now . i delete "fremantle" in distribution and it works . Thank for helps
That is nothing that I would recommend. It means that you will also get offered Diablo applications and likely will run into problems when trying to install them.

Thank you ,
I just want to see what is within this two depository and I disabled after