Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
I also came to the N900 after years with Nokia Communicators such as the E90 and found the N900's size no problem at all.

In fact, some of my fears about moving to a touchscreen device were put to rest by the N900's thickness, which makes it easier to hold without accidentally interacting with the screen elements.

Agreed, I find the size of n900 almost perfect. I use mine in conjunction with the CP-132 case (I think that's right, it's the european case), and it has never been a problem.

2d

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
In fact, some of my fears about moving to a touchscreen device were put to rest by the N900's thickness, which makes it easier to hold without accidentally interacting with the screen elements.
I don't think it's not the thickness that makes it easy to hold, but the side bezels where the mic and ear speaker are. I would actually prefer it to be even twice thinner, but overall the N900 is a good size.

Originally Posted by oestR View Post
Just want linux in my pocket.
Well I think that says it all

Seriously it's not really big at all, all the blogs saying it's ZOMGHUGE are blowing things way out of proportion. It's definitely thicker than average, which is probably what sent all the gadget fashionistas into a tizzy. It's perfectly pocketable, even with the jeans these days that seem to be made only to carry credit cards

I came from a Treo 650 and it feels like a big fat cow compared to the N900.

This should be helpful:

http://thenokiablog.com/2009/08/28/n...ze-comparison/

The Following User Says Thank You to GameboyRMH For This Useful Post:
I like the size of the N900 personally, its not massive to the extent of like the Toshiba TG01 that my mum has (crap phone, it really is, sorry mum!), its thin, wide and long and isn't pocket friendly.

At least with the N900 i can feel it in my pocket and know its there, and if I sit on it that it won't snap in half like an iPhone.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by jaem View Post
Cthulhu: Do you carry yours clipped to your tentacles?
Actually my tentacles are strong and skillful enough to carry and handle it. I get's a bit annoying carrying it (even with my tentacles), so I usually keep it in my pants pocket.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cthulhu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 327 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
After owning an 9000i communicator in the past N900 doesnt feel large at all. I was a bit disappointed it was so small when I got it.

It will get smaller in a future firmware upgrade.

(the size is fine - I just toss it in my pocket.)

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on May 2008 @ France
It's just over a normally-sized phone for me, I still have a hard time to believe they crammed so much stuff in there.
I didn't carry the N810 in my pocket much, and it was alone in there when I did. Now the N900 is rarely alone in my right front pocket.

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ SLO, CA; United States
I can say that compared to my E63, it is actually bigger in a better way. It feels really comfortable to talk on, and you can prop it with your shoulder without it wanting to take off, but on the flip side, it is fine in a front or back pocket.