Notices

Originally Posted by xxxxts View Post
Few problems with that method;

1) the FAT partition does not allow characters like '?' in file names, so a few files could not be moved.
2) I used

Code:
ln -s /home/user/MyDocs/Starcraft/stargus /opt/stratagus/share/stargus
But it was still looking for the install files...

I love Starcraft but over 500MB in the home directory is A LOT, even if you have repartitioned your device. Since Campaigns don't work, would it be possible not to extract those? What about an option for music and no music?

This is much better than the original Staragus (0.1-4) for the N900, I would like to see it run smoothly and without taking up so much space in such a small partition.
How did it became over 500mb?
Mine is 73.6 MB (77,198,171 bytes)

Well yeah the installer is more than 500mb but after installation the whole starcraft folder on my program files is only 73mb

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Well, I would suggest just symlinking /opt/stratagus/share/stargus, that worked great for me,
and for me the size of the folder after extraction is 640MB, so yeah, good thing I moved it...

Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
How did it became over 500mb?
Mine is 73.6 MB (77,198,171 bytes)

Well yeah the installer is more than 500mb but after installation the whole starcraft folder on my program files is only 73mb
You messed up somewhere...

But how? I only get this after installation
[IMG][/IMG]

Here's the original CD
[IMG][/IMG]

But how? I only get this after installation
[IMG][/IMG]

Here's the original CD
[IMG][/IMG]
You're showing us Starcraft, not Stratagus. I am not an expert but all the files have to be extracted out of the Starcraft directories and they expand to take up a good amount of space so that Stratagus can run.

Yeah but isn't the starcraft data files needed to run stargus? How can I extract 500+mb on a 70+mb installation?

Yeah but isn't the starcraft data files needed to run stargus? How can I extract 500+mb on a 70+mb installation?
I am guessing that is using some sort of compression. .mpq might act like a .zip

Edit: Brainfart - All Starcraft data is on CD in Install.EXE. And that is not a small file.

Last edited by xxxxts; 2010-12-28 at 06:08.

Original Starcraft I needs CD to run. It use files from INSTALL.EXE too... So installing Starcraft is not needed!

INSTALL.EXE is like self extracting MPQ archive. For more about MPQ archives see wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPQ

Startool (part of Stargus) can read MPQ files. It extract data from INSTALL.EXE and then convert it to Stratagus format.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dbrodie View Post
Well, I would suggest just symlinking /opt/stratagus/share/stargus, that worked great for me,
and for me the size of the folder after extraction is 640MB, so yeah, good thing I moved it...
I tired ln -s /home/user/MyDocs/Starcraft/share/ /opt/stratagus/share - no luck

First you need to move old directory to MyDocs and then creating symlink. And you must run these commands as root (not as user)

Tags
starcraft, stargus, stratagus