Posts: 23 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Boston
I upgraded because Bluetooth keyboard support (via the Bluetooth plugin) didn't work with 2.0 (the original 2006 OS release). In addition to being able to use my Bluetooth keyboard again, I've found that 2.1 (2006SE) is a bit more stable and slightly faster at some things (although not dramatically so). Also, with an appropriate Chinese font installed, the newer version of Opera will display Chinese, which the version in the original 2006 release didn't do, so that's an unexpected bonus (and would have been enough for me to upgrade).

If I didn't need Bluetooth keyboard support and I didn't care about displaying Chinese/Japanese/Korean on web pages, though, I wouldn't have bothered upgrading. The speed-up is noticeable, but just barely.

Oh, another nice thing added by the new release is support for 2Gb RS-MMC cards, but there's a kernel available for the original 2006 release that supports 2Gb cards, so I was already using one. It's nice to have that supported without having to flash a custom kernel, though.

Jay

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by c_legaspi
thumbboard is useless
^ opinion, not fact.

fact in my case