Active Topics

OK - I had installed the .deb version of penguinbait's KDE (for those not booting from Memory Card)

First let me say... excellent.

Eventually I worked up the courage to clone the OS2008 to my N800 Internal SD card. Works (well, I'll explain..)

My KDE swap files are on the external card, and I've left them there. I've been able to run KDE from both SD and flash... but... I'm experiencing some wierd stuff when booting from card. It seems like the external card is constantly being accessed (i.e. cards inaccesable via usb and "do not remove" warning when door opened....)

I CAN'T INSTALL ANYTHING THROUGH APPLICATION MANAGER... Even local debs fail to install. Log indicates in/out errors..(btw - works as expected when booted from flash)

Am I missing the obvious? Should I remove my existing KDE install? Is it unrelated?

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Natehunderd View Post
OK - I had installed the .deb version of penguinbait's KDE (for those not booting from Memory Card)

Eventually I worked up the courage to clone the OS2008 to my N800 Internal SD card. Works (well, I'll explain..)

My KDE swap files are on the external card, and I've left them there. I've been able to run KDE from both SD and flash... but... I'm experiencing some wierd stuff when booting from card. It seems like the external card is constantly being accessed (i.e. cards inaccesable via usb and "do not remove" warning when door opened....)

I CAN'T INSTALL ANYTHING THROUGH APPLICATION MANAGER... Even local debs fail to install. Log indicates in/out errors..(btw - works as expected when booted from flash)

Am I missing the obvious? Should I remove my existing KDE install? Is it unrelated?

sounds like your boot from sd install is corrupt. boot to flash, and run fsck on the device /dev/mmcblk???

And yes, you can not access a card running KDE from USB..
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-04-21 at 02:01.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
Originally Posted by Natehunderd View Post

Are you using the N800 swap file? If yes, try to take out the N800 swap file first and see whether that would turn things around.

bun

"My KDE swap files are on the external card, and I've left them there."

That is the problem... PB's way was to make a small partition on the internal card for swap. Your system can't run without the external card now!
Not sure how to remove a swap with it running, but power down, remove the external card, and power up. You will get some complaints about running slow, etc. But it will run. The KDE is OK, I bet.

Mike.

Tags
deprecated, kde, kde35