Notices

Canola is awesome. But the basic ability to shuffle what I'm looking at isn't *obviously* available.

Advice?

Originally Posted by gisborne View Post
Canola is awesome. But the basic ability to shuffle what I'm looking at isn't *obviously* available.

Advice?
Have you watched the video manuals yet? There are two of them on the Canola home page. I haven't seen them yet, but it's on my list of things to tray and do before bed tonight.

I wasn't aware of that; thanks.

I'm not crapping on an *astounding* free software effort. But if you don't want to watch the 7 minutes of video manual, the things I wasn't aware of are:
- There is a HTML configuration interface. The standard install puts that in Extras; and
- If you hold down the full screen button, then up/down become home/end.

Still no closer to having a shuffle when I'm, say, viewing an artist - All, but still interesting.

Posts: 316 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Maryland, US
isn't shuffle the same as Random ?

Sure.

And I see that in some places, I can choose random. But in other places I can't. If I go into a particular album, for example, no random. I can only listen to the tracks in order.

Random seems to me to be a mode, not a selection. There ought to be a Shuffle button I can tap somewhere, to reorder what I'm looking at.