Active Topics

Hi,
Just received my new apple wireless KB. l tried to pair it with my Nokia internet tablet N810 to no avail.
As for any bluetooth device, it is asking me for a "passcode".
none appear on Apple's handbook or box. Any idea, please, or does this mean they're not compatible.
Called Applecare, they can't help. they never heard of a passcode.
Many thanks, have a good weekend,
Marcel

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
It is usually four 0s, but may be for the keyboard just enter (on the keyboard) the one that the Tablet will tell you when initiating a pairing...

Does buying a keyboard prevent people from searching before posting?
Guess correlation does not imply causation, but it seems there's something going on here...

Try innovative terms like "apple keyboard", and you'll find that it pairs like most keyboards: you can use any passcode; just have to type it on the keyboard.

The Following User Says Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Anidel,

Perfect! as you mentioned while pairing l entered the passcode given by the N810 onto the Apple KB, then pressed "enter". worked right away.
Many thanks, have a good weekend
Marcel

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
You too and you're welcome.

Hey

Just been looking up and have the same problem but when i pressed "enter" it didn't work and just came up that it was incorrect.

Is there anything else i can try to do at all to get land insurance to work, sorry for the late reply i'm a bit behind the times.

Last edited by nathan3011; 2008-12-23 at 15:12.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Ontario, Canada
Mine's always been a pain to pair: not only with my tablet but also with my laptop and desktop. It generally takes about three attempts, but the first time pairing with my n810 took much more than that.

My only advice, really is that between attempts you should take the batteries out for several minutes to allow it to reset the passcode on the kb it's self.

After it does pair successfully it works fine, however [and pairs again fine].