Notices

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there is | someone is working on | is it possible a stella port for the N810. Since I'm an old-school games guy, this would be very interesting.

I also thing the port is very possible. I would try it myself if I wasnt so busy...

Leo

Also being a LONG time atari user (I still have a Mega2 set up that I use to config switches and routers etc...) I would like to see it as well. I have not tried loading it since I upgraded to OS2008 but there is a port of Hatari available for Maemo that works great.

I think I am going to try installing that today and see if it works in 2008...

Hatari is available at:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/tammat/hatari/index.shtml

-John

The Following User Says Thank You to tobiasj For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Temple Terrorist, FL
I tried a quick and dirty build of Stella from the latest CVS sources using Scratchbox and the Maemo SDK.

The source configures O.K. (./configure --enable-static) and the make process gets pretty far advanced, but eventually errors on the following:

src/emucore/OSystem.cxx: In member function `virtual void OSystem::queryVideoHardware()':
src/emucore/OSystem.cxx:772: error: 'const struct SDL_VideoInfo' has no member named 'current_w'
src/emucore/OSystem.cxx:773: error: 'const struct SDL_VideoInfo' has no member named 'current_h'
make: *** [src/emucore/OSystem.o] Error 1

Atari... I'd love to play it in my N800. I guess much more people would...

C'mon, Atari belongs to us

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by OSEmuTech View Post
SDL_VideoInfo' has no member named 'current_h'
make: *** [src/emucore/OSystem.o] Error 1
These structures were added to SDL 1.2.10. OS2008 only has 1.2.8/
http://www.libsdl.org/release/changes-1.2.html

diff OSystem.cxx OSystem.cxx.orig
Code:
767d766
<   /*
802,811d800
<   */
<       ostringstream buf;
<       Resolution r;
<       r.width  = 800;
<       r.height = 480;
<       buf.str("");
<       buf << r.width << "x" << r.height;
<       myResolutions.insert_at(0, r);  // insert fixed Nokia res (device specific hack)

The Following User Says Thank You to ArnimS For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the heads up Arnim!

I'll remove the SDL from CVS in Scratchbox (make uninstall) and use the SDL 1.2.8 source for future messing around with compiling emulators.

I'm just a little more advanced than a "Hello World" development n00b, but am currently reading books on Bash scripting and GTK+ development. Maybe in a couple more years I'll know what I'm doing.

Ah ... and the Stella source had to be edited. I did it manually as I'm uncertain how to do it from diff => patch.
Apple 68k Mac: Basilisk II
Commodore 64: Frodo
Palm OS: Access GarnetVM
TI-89 Calculator: TiEmu 2

Last edited by OSEmuTech; 2008-02-24 at 22:34.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
There's libsdl-something1.2-dev packages in some repos if you prefer not to compile it.

Hum. I haven't added any repositories to the Scratchbox Maemo testing environment. Can standard repositories be added using the Application Manager in Scratchbox?
Apple 68k Mac: Basilisk II
Commodore 64: Frodo
Palm OS: Access GarnetVM
TI-89 Calculator: TiEmu 2

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Please do not rely-upon features added since 1.2.8.

If you install a more recent libSDL into scratchbox, you will need to link statically or use a LD_INCLUDE for your upgraded version at runtime.

Either way, you'll add a few hundred kilobytes to the install size. Unless stella makes extensive use of new features, I'd advise modifying stella to be compatible with maemo, not substituting maemo components to be compatible with stella.

Btw fixing that error leads to more problems further down:

/usr/lib/libpthread.a(unwind.o): In function `unwind_stop': undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetCFA'
/usr/lib/libpthread.a(unwind.o): In function `unwind_stop': undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetCFA'
/usr/lib/libX11.a(ConnDis.o): In function `GetAuthorization':../../src/ConnDis.c:1251: undefined reference to `XauDisposeAuth'
/usr/lib/libX11.a(ConnDis.o): In function `_X11TransConnectDisplay':../../src/ConnDis.c:1056: undefined reference to `XauGetBestAuthByAddr'
:../../src/ConnDis.c:1195: undefined reference to `XdmcpWrap'
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/3.4.4/libstdc++.a(eh_personality.o): In function `base_of_encoded_value(unsigned char, _Unwind_Context*)': undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetDataRelBase'
/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/3.4.4/libstdc++.a(eh_personality.o): In function `base_of_encoded_value(unsigned char, _Unwind_Context*)': undefined reference to `_Unwind_GetTextRelBase'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [stella] Error 1