Posts: 51 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Houston
Full Story

This is a good sign Nokia is serious about competing with the iPhone and their app store.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to legendemeritus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Hmmm. Sometimes major moves like this lead to major shakeups in products and platforms...

geez - the way these Apple guys are getting poached, I'm amazed they still have any employees http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/0...gers-and-staff

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Hmmm. Sometimes major moves like this lead to major shakeups in products and platforms...
Only if the executive is Steve Jobs himself =)

On which side? I don't want anyone who's ever worked at Apple even as a janitor touching Maemo

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to livefreeordie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by livefreeordie View Post
On which side? I don't want anyone who's ever worked at Apple even as a janitor touching Maemo
What brilliant line of reasoning lead to this comment, if you don't mind me asking
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
What brilliant line of reasoning leads to this comment, if you don't mind me asking
A deep-set hatred of Apple marketing & profiteering
EDIT: oh and Steve Jobs

Last edited by overfloat; 2009-10-03 at 07:13.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to overfloat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice

and thats how you know you've picked a bad exec

generally jumping in and mucking about with existing plans too fast quickly leads to failure in most businesses

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Martin will head a new unit that will work on the N900 and other devices using Maemo, according to an internal announcement. He was responsible for Internet and iPhone service strategy at Apple, according to the announcement, which was confirmed by Nokia spokesman Doug Dawson.
bad news.

hope this person will not bring everything that's wrong and bad with apple over to maemo. it's a bit like celebrating the fact that a successful criminal was hired to lead your local bank.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
bad news.

hope this person will not bring everything that's wrong and bad with apple over to maemo. it's a bit like celebrating the fact that a successful criminal was hired to lead your local bank.
First of all, I think this is a good thing, since Apple knows how to do compelling products.

And second of all, if he works in the Maemo organization, he will work for Mr. Jaaksi who I believe still has the vision what Maemo should be. This guy will not run Maemo.

Tags
post from the hip, think then post