Active Topics

@ dvb
I don't encounter any problem with fat filesystem (with or without swap partitions).
But I agree for "multiple partitions": today I noticed that, if there's only one partition (fat or ext doesn't matter), it's mounted on /media/mmc1 also after a usb connection. But if there are multiple partitions on sd card and the first one is an ext filesystem then /media/mmc1p1 is created after that usb cable is disconnected.

@Il_Principe: Support for any fileystem on any SD card partition is fixed in CSSU. Just install CSSU and it should work fine (maemo will automount all partitions)

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
I have CSSU-thumb (version 7.2) on my phone...

Ok, so this seems like bug in ke-recv.

Please attach syslog, maybe there will be something interesting.

How ke-recv should use mount dest:
* first FAT32 partition on SD card is mounted to /media/mmc1
* if there is no FAT32 partition, first partition (any FS) is mounted to /media/mmc1
* all other partitions are mounted to /media/mmc1p<number> where number is partition number
* max partitions on mmc devices (both eMMC and SD cards) are limited to 8 by kernel

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Hey pali,
good you stepped in here

A bit offtopic question to you here:
do I understand your comment about limitation of 8 partitions (in fact 7, as mmcblkx also counts as one) right this way that we have a limit of 8 per device (so 16 for N900 with SD) or is it a total limit of 8 for eMMC and SD together?
I just ask as I stumbled upon this limit with N9 partitioning where I tried to make 9 partitions (on internal and only mmcblk device). and sfdisk reported everything fine. but I could only see up to mmcblk0p7...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
I just ask as I stumbled upon this limit with N9 partitioning where I tried to make 9 partitions (on internal and only mmcblk device). and sfdisk reported everything fine. but I could only see up to mmcblk0p7...
This limit is in kernel mmc driver which can assign only 8 minor numbers to mmc devices. But this magic constant 8 can be changed when configuring kernel, so you can recompile kernel with for example 16 partitions limit.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Yep, I know about that. But this does not answer my question.
Does the kernel limit is an overall limit (i.e. with 4 partitions on eMMC there is only space for another 4 on SD)?
Or is this limit per mmc device (so with eMMC and SD we have max 16)?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-04-05 at 23:03.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ Krasnodar, Russia
Do I understand it right, that one should install sysklogd package to attach syslog? If so, I receive the following:

WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
sysklogd klogd
Install these packages without verification [y/N]?

Is there any fix or I'd agree with unauthenticated installation? Is that because of nokia repos certificate expiration?

Originally Posted by dvb View Post
Is that because of nokia repos certificate expiration?
Yes, because Nokia GPG key (which signed Nokia APPS repo) expired.

This is my syslog (activated before the usb connection then stopped after disconnection).
Hope this can help.

Edit:
Added also syslog2.txt (started at boot, connected/disconnected with usb, then stopped).
In both I removed SSID, BSSID and IMEI
Attached Files
File Type: txt syslog.txt (10.8 KB, 132 views)
File Type: gz syslog2.txt.tar.gz (22.8 KB, 157 views)

Last edited by Il_Principe; 2013-04-08 at 12:22.

Tags
ext2/3/4, maemo, mounting, partition, sdcard