Active Topics

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Vicenza, Italy
I didn't knew there was a 12.1 build for Nexus5, which version of cm do you use? the guide for installation is the same than before? Can I upgrade from actual cm11 to cm12.1 without wipes? Does it works with multirom?
Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akira.pwr For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by akira.pwr View Post
I didn't knew there was a 12.1 build for Nexus5, which version of cm do you use? the guide for installation is the same than before? Can I upgrade from actual cm11 to cm12.1 without wipes? Does it works with multirom?
Thanks
You need to do a new flash unfortunately. Here's info http://piratepad.net/bhP8fbzYgT . We're close to OTA support for it, but users will be able to edit repos on preexisting cm12.1 installs (no need for a new flash to obtain OTA support and updated packages).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Vicenza, Italy
What's the advantage to use cm12.1 instead cm11?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to akira.pwr For This Useful Post:
Better driver support mostly.
This leads to better camera support (I think it should be fully supported)
Better power saving (no sensors bug anymore)
Better bluetooth support (no annoying disconnects)

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
Better driver support mostly.
This leads to better camera support (I think it should be fully supported)
Better power saving (no sensors bug anymore)
Better bluetooth support (no annoying disconnects)
sensors bug is still there for me, its device independent...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frullewulle For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by frullewulle View Post
sensors bug is still there for me, its device independent...
Are you running the sensors.msm8974.so that has the laggy z-axis?

Line 12 here: http://piratepad.net/bhP8fbzYgT

Edit: reason I ask is that I haven't heard of the issue with that, and was planning on making a "sensorsfix3.zip" with that blob.

Edit2: in an attempt to get rid of some logcat spam regarding audiopolicy, I accidentally massively increased speaker and headset volume, as well as mic volume in calls. Coming with OTA support shortly .

Last edited by RealJohnGalt; 2016-06-26 at 19:17.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by RealJohnGalt View Post
Edit2: in an attempt to get rid of some logcat spam regarding audiopolicy, I accidentally massively increased speaker and headset volume, as well as mic volume in calls. Coming with OTA support shortly .
How did you do it / what did you change?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
How did you do it / what did you change?
It was completely unexpected. On a build with broken camera, I saw a lot of audioflinger-related spam in logcat during debugging. Even after fixing the camera, the spam was still there.

I ended up implementing audioflingerglue (lines 107-157 of http://piratepad.net/hadk-faq), which resulted in reducing the audioflinger logcat spam and increasing volumes.

Edit: If you're asking for FP2, another solution for increasing per-output/input gain is manually editing mixer_paths.xml in the device repo, rebuild hybris-hal, build_packages.sh, then install the updated packages to test. As I said, the audioflingerglue solution wasn't meant to be a solution for volume.

Edit2: While I'm at it, there's also kernel solution for managing output gain using sysfs interfaces. You can cherry-pick a commit like https://github.com/RealJohnGalt/andr...55cfa68e538fd7 or faux123's solution since fp2 also looks to use wcd9320. Then edit on the fly, test, and set using a systemd service or similar.

Last edited by RealJohnGalt; 2016-06-26 at 20:28.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RealJohnGalt View Post
Are you running the sensors.msm8974.so that has the laggy z-axis?

Line 12 here: http://piratepad.net/bhP8fbzYgT

Edit: reason I ask is that I haven't heard of the issue with that, and was planning on making a "sensorsfix3.zip" with that blob.

Well every blob that has a different files size then 89.36 Kb results in a not starting sensorfwd.service and sensors.qcom
only thing i can do for now is dissabling some sensors in primaryuse.conf file in /etc/sensorfw directory

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frullewulle For This Useful Post:
Update: Just got everything pushed and updated on a home project (https://build.merproject.org/project...e:RealJohnGalt) .

Now going to change some specs for versions to better match (from when I originally based some stuff off cm11). Then test an OTA myself from an older release by modifying the repos manually on device. Next do a build with the proper repos added (for fresh installs). And finally, include instructions on how to update repos from preexisting builds and OTA. Note: even though these packages are up on OBS, please don't use them yet or add the repo.

Originally Posted by frullewulle View Post
Well every blob that has a different files size then 89.36 Kb results in a not starting sensorfwd.service and sensors.qcom
only thing i can do for now is dissabling some sensors in primaryuse.conf file in /etc/sensorfw directory
I'll have a new test sensor zip to flash shortly, and would love it if you could test a bit. Working on the above first.

Edit: ota'd successfully from 2.0.0.10 to 2.0.1.11, instructions coming soon

Last edited by RealJohnGalt; 2016-06-28 at 02:35.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RealJohnGalt For This Useful Post: