Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Nr Norwich, UK
As the title says, is there an option to change the camera settings to take black and white pictures?

I thought I could see one, but looked again and can't!

Is it just me being really stupid? Or is there not an option for it?

So far so good with the N900 though. IMAP works like a treat. We browsing is amazing, I am just waiting for my screen protectors and case to come through!

Much better than my Blackberry Bold 9700 : )

Take a full color image and then turn it to BW in any photo editor. There are any different ways to make it, which brigs absolutely different results. You can show brightness, one of color channels, weighted mix of color channels or emulate your favorite BW film.
Checkbox in camera would make the same, but without asking you how exactly calculate colors.

Ah cheers, I was just wondering if there was a seitting on the actual phone if you could change it to black and white/speia etc

I quite like taking pictures of nautre/buildings etc in black and white or sepia...used to be to just change the settings on the camera on my Blackberry.

But I will just edit the pics until that setting hopefully happens

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
The thing is that it's so easy to change the pictures in to black and white later on, it's almost limiting to just have it in black and white. A picture might've been really nice in color, but then you just have it in b&w and you can't turn the colors back.

This is why I always tell everyone to never take b&w pictures. Though I do agree that sometimes you just might want to upload a picture really fast from your device in b&w, so would be nice if there was a function for this. And no doubt they'll add it later, hopefully with the face recognition bits and other additional stuff

The Following User Says Thank You to Brank For This Useful Post:
Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
do anyone notice when useing the camera tools options, when the screen slides back you can see a few more option but there's no way of getting to them? why is that?

I haven't noticed that, but they way I take pics. I press against the bottom of the phone (where the keyboard is) and the plastic squeeks a little bit!

But I think I am just being anal! But after reading the problems people have had with the casing I get paranoid!

Originally Posted by Sadavyk View Post
do anyone notice when useing the camera tools options, when the screen slides back you can see a few more option but there's no way of getting to them? why is that?
I do not see that.

When anything other than default settings is selected in the "Capture Settings" menu, that setting is iconized at the bottom of the screen. Is that what you mean? Clicking on the icon should bring up the dialog for that setting.