Notices

hm.. after yesterdays update I get an Permission denied when I try to launch mcalender.launch from the commandline..

/usr/lib/mcalendar/mcalendar_ui.py: Permission denied

anyone else got that one to work?

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Just upgraded to homecalendar 1.0.0-3...

Anyone notice that cpu / memory usage are abnormally high?

And/Or that the tablet reboots randomly? (reboots seem to be gone after turning homecalendar off)

Otherwise, the latest version is VERY nice. I really like the ability to edit the applet settings.

FWIW: after the upgrade to 0.5.9 (mCalendar) I had all kinds of problems syncing with Google. I finally resolved 90% of the errors by purging "old" entries directly from GCal in an effort to lessen the amount of entries mCalendar had to deal with: SUCCESS!

@Khertan: Keep up the great work! (any word on mContacts?)

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
lately i had noticed a whole lot of python processes running now and then that made no sense. today i finally figured it out. its mcalendar_sync.py...

funny thing is that i have unchecked auto sync in the google prefs tab...

Maybe I overread that here, but I think I have a problem not mentioned yet:

I finally got mcalendar to sync with google (had to deinstall ermine/calendar and mcalendar for that and reinstall mcalendar), but after syncing nothing appeared in mcalendar. Might this be due to my many gcals? How do I choose the calendar synced by mcal? Or would it sync all (I read sth. to the contrary in this thread)?

Thanks for any helpful reply.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Mine syncs fine but I no longer have any "All Day" events listed anywhere. I also no longer see the date in Home Calendars display. Am I missing something?

I am glad to report that my synchronization now miracolously works.
However, now I've got that problem, too, that recurring events are not synced.

Moreover I am wondering why, if I sink my work calendar (which I did not choose, by the way), entries I made in mCalendar are entered into my Google Calendar as my private calendar after syncing.
Are there any solutions to that issue?

By now I am even pondering the idea of rsyncing a sunbird-calendar file just so I can use my Google Calendar on my N810. You see: I am desperate for answers to these issues.

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sendai, Japan
Hey, I seem to be having some trouble with mcalendar. I just installed it and it worked fine at first. But the next day when I opened the application it just froze. I got the message saying that mcalendar was not responding and I was prompted to close it. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling with no success. It just freezes up right away now. Anyone having or had the same issue? Any suggestions?

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ China
verumgero,
I've found that uninstalling via Application Manager does not remove the mcalendar data files. You may need to do this manually. I'm not a very experienced hand at Linux, but I was able to do this using Midnight Commander. I usually use emelfm2, but the icons are pretty cryptic in emelfm2 and I couldn't figure out how to do a search for "mcalendar*.*" in emelfm2. Also, when I tried the "find" command in X-Terminal, I kept getting the "too many files/folders opened error".
In Midnight Commander (aka MC), I was able to find the mcalendar pref file and database file (after running find "mcalendar" and then stumbling around a bit) and delete them. After that, a reinstallation of mcalendar worked fine.
As an aside, I had to uninstall Midnight Commander because my n810 was rebooting shortly after anytime I connected to the internet. I had installed the mileage app and Midori at the same time as MC, so I'm not sure if those were problems too. Before I uninstalled MC, I ran the hometools applet to see what happened to cause the reboots. I noticed that, whenever I connected wirelessly, my Total Memory would drop quickly from about 70000 k to 17000 k before the tablet rebooted. I've not had this problem since I uninstalled MC and the mileage app. (I had previously uninstalled Midori by itself, but still had the problem until I also uninstalled mileage and Midnight Commander).

Posts: 234 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cincinnati, Ohio USA
As mentioned above, uninstalling leaves your database. It needs to be removed manualy. From xterm that is:
rm ./.mPIM/mcalendar.db

That will remove all apointments and user preferences.

I'm using the one in http://repository.maemo.org/extras/
diablo | free non-free
mCalendar 0.4.5

The first sync only gets to 60%, then finally completed after 15 min. Future sync attemps [edit: Now work after deleting my database]

Last edited by TheGogmagog; 2009-05-06 at 23:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheGogmagog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 40 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Berkshire
I'm running 0.5.9. It gets my list of calendars, but doesn't fetch any appointments, or upload any. The log just shows:

Connected to google
GCal list refreshed
Try to connect...
Connected to google
Sync finished

I just tried removing the database, but that made no difference.

Tags
calendar, google