Notices

ttpcomp- have you tried connecting to the PC using VNC on another PC? That would be my first diagnostic if you can connect through http from the Nokia. Maybe also try disabling authentication in VNC server? Works fine on mine, thanks Aaron. (rdesktop would be nice tho!)

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Stockholm area
Thanks Blorg, tryed that, but got a messages:
VNC VIEWER : Error
unable to connect to host: connection refused (10061)

All fierwalls off.

VNC server on one PC
VNC viewer on an other PC

Well I will keep at it.

TTP

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Hong Kong
Do you get any error messages when trying to connect to XP Pro?

Btw, I've tested VNC from the 770 to a XP Pro machine with TightVNC 1.3dev7 and it works very well.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Stockholm area
I think I have fond the source of the problem; it's probably the Router.
Have to look at that.
Firewalls, in the OS, in Routers or in Firewalls program, often give you more problems and the help you expect.

TTP

Works beautifully for me, however, I am seeing somewhat random crashes where the app just exits on its own back to the Nokia desktop. No clear pattern on the conditions that cause the crash. Any suggestions for tests I can do to give more information?

Originally Posted by eskin
Works beautifully for me, however, I am seeing somewhat random crashes where the app just exits on its own back to the Nokia desktop. No clear pattern on the conditions that cause the crash. Any suggestions for tests I can do to give more information?
I get that with Notes and the web browser too.

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Los Angeles
Got it running on my 770 to access several intranet servers. I second having a history of the last 5 or so connections as typing in IP addresses can get tedious after a few disconnects.

Originally Posted by Hybride
I am the first to thank you for this. This is why i bought my 770.

Aaron, is it possible to add the following 2 functions:

1. remember last login ip
2. scaling/zoom function

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
In the time between the second person posting here, I have gotten it working with my XP and am ready to post to the blog. And, what, 12 people have already jumped in!?!

Fantastic! Congratulations!

And thanks!

Roger

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Aaron Levinson has announced a working port of a VNC viewer to the Nokia 770. And with this one the virtual keyboard works.
Here's what my Windows XP desktop looks like in the VNC viewer, with the keyboard:
Read the full blog entry.

Originally Posted by AaronL
-- It is possible to double-click, but it might require a little practice/multiple attempts.

Aaron Levinson
double-clicking on a folder etc is much easier if you click on the icon rather than the text.
i second(or is it fifth by now?) a desire for a zoom function and last few access list.