Active Topics

Hi! Suddenly my Nokia N900 doesn't boot anymore ._. It just shows the Nokia logo at startup then LED light is just white and then it shuts down by itself I tried to boot the Nitdroid partition but failed. After rebooting then waited for the Multiboot, I tried booting again to the Nitdroid then it failed. After awhile I tried booting up but it just shows the Nokia logo and the LED light in white then suddenly shuts down by itself >_<

Do you think I need to reflash now and do some reinstallation again? OTL;; I won't be able to do that after like 15 hours from this post when I get home OTL;;

Any help will be appreciated.

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
Did you charge the battery?
Did you try to boot with keyboard ejected and boot to any kernel you have except nitdroid?

It may be sufficient to just flash the kernel of the firmware image you have, like this http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...rt_topic.21.29

The Following User Says Thank You to michaaa62 For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the response michaaa62

Yes, the battery is fully charged. I tried to boot with the keyboard ejected but Multiboot is not showing anymore - just the Nokia logo with the LED light not blinking (which I think is white or blue). Then after awhile, it just shuts down on its own.

Ah. Will try to do flashing only the kernel of the firmware image. The firmware image is the one that has the word "combined" right? That would be wonderful if I only need to flash only the kernel since I have files in my N900 that I don't have any backup. I'll only get to flash when I get home (around 8 hours or so from now).

It is the one with the "Combined" right? Not the one with "EMMC" on it right? I just want to be really sure what I would flash ^^;;

Better safe than sorry :P

Yes it is the combined image.

Thanks I will try it when I get home and be sure to post what happened

Edit: Would it be alright to ask what happened here, though?

There might be a possible kernel corruption through the boot failure of nitdroid, that is at least what i guess. Let's wait for the kernel reflash. Note, please, that will just flash the original maemo kernel...

Yehey! I flashed only the kernel and my N900 is now working again with the two kernels in the Multiboot Thanks for the help X3b

hey please help me out in deinstalled kernal yesterday and when i reboot my phone it doesn't reboot in keeps on flashinh like the nokia log again and again please help as how could i solve this problem michaaa62 can you help me out.

Last edited by murtaza; 2013-03-26 at 06:00.

Well, which kernel did you remove and how do you did it?

But much more important:
Did you flash the new kernel cleanly to the N900?

Background: The N900 was never intended to boot different kernels or OSs by its creators, it was developed over the years by some really smart guys. But the system has no automatic care-taking to make sure it will boot correctly.

There is some chances that taking out your battery for a minute or so, will reset some memory to bott cleanly afterwards. Also make sure your battery is loaded pretty good, because those reboot loop works hard on the battery.

If none of the above will change the corrupted state it is in, you might take the plunge and reflash according to the wiki about flashing the firmware http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware