Notices

Update: 2.1.0 is out now

This version brings a new backup manager.
See demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBge7JAlXro
Also for the first time proxy support was added thanks to the great code from Dax.
Facebook posts with videos should now offer the mediabar for playback and download.

Get the rpm from openrepos
You can also find the tablet version there.

Changes:
  • Added proper error handling and user friendly error messages for the media player component
  • Added option to add custom user Agent String
  • Updated Firefox Desktop User Agent string to version 43
  • Added proxy support (Thx Dax89 for the great code)
  • Added Finnish translation
  • Added Backup Manager (Import/Export Bookmarks, Settings, Cookies,History)
  • Added filter option for OpenDialog (used in Backup choosing)
  • Added facebook video detection for posts
  • Fixed html5 video tag detection

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
If I use Mimer to set default browser to webcat, then I click the bookmarks in app menu, webcat opened, but why if I click the bookmark in app drawer, the app drawer wont closed, I need swipe up to multitask page to click the webcat.

After I changed back to sailfish browser, same happened. I need to reinstall sailfish browser to be normal.

PS. Hope you understand what I mean

Sorry not sure what you mean.

When it comes to setting webcat as default browser please try using the command line argument --set-default with harbour-webcat.
So execute
Code:
harbour-webcat --set-default
for setting webcat as default as it also creates the apprpiate dbus config files so that a new page is opened even if webcat is already running and a link is clicked.

To switch back to the default browser use
Code:
harbour-webcat --reset-default
Mimer won't deal with dbus stuff but only set the app as default. Which is a little bit unhandy with the browser as a click on a link when webcat is already open would try starting another instance of webcat. This fails however as the WaylandClient / Lipstick already sees an instance running and switches to it.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Maybe I try describle again:

Click the bookmark in app drawer, app draw wont auto close down, but I saw the webcat is opened.

Ah you mean the icon in the app overview ?
Hmm... works for me.
All in all that would be an issue of Lipstick (the Wayland Client or Homescreen or whatever you might want to call it)
If you can confirm this with other applications aswell and it also appears after a reboot please report it on TJC (Together Jolla.com)

Donate using Liberapay

Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
Ah you mean the icon in the app overview ?
Hmm... works for me.
All in all that would be an issue of Lipstick (the Wayland Client or Homescreen or whatever you might want to call it)
If you can confirm this with other applications aswell and it also appears after a reboot please report it on TJC (Together Jolla.com)
Just the bookmark icon in app drawer happened in this way
but if I reinstall sailfish-browser, all thing is fine

A weird problem.
The only thing I can think of is that it was using the open-url.desktop file that you manipulated with mimer.
Though that would mean it should start webcat then.

Anyhow as it is solved right now and I already advised on using the command line parameter for setting webcat as default it should be good now.

Donate using Liberapay

Update: Version 2.2.0 is available

A new month a new version. This time with a big performance improvement in the ui responsiveness. Can be seen especially while scrolling on a long website. (Jolla Phone only though, Nexus 5 is better than before but still lagging)

The UI was a little bit restructered as many new users did not know about the extraToolbar that only opened on long press on the tab/goto button in the bottom left. So I replaced the reload button with a hamburger menu button which opens up the extraToolbar.
The theming was adapted to have a proper color gradient from normal toolbar to extraToolbar.

The quick opening by long pressing the tab/goto button is still there so for people who are used to this nothing major will change.
The only new thing in the quickopening is a new TabListOverlay that will show up on long pressing the tab/goto button if more than one tab is open. Just like navigating the icons in the extraToolbar by dragging and highlighting you are now able to swipe up a little to highlight the various tabs and on let go switch to them.

See this demo video for this feature: https://youtu.be/iaeMNppgOSQ

Get the RPM from Openrepos
Tablet (i486) RPM

Changelog:
  • Increase UI performance (setDefaultAlphaBuffer to true)
  • Added extraToolbarmenu button (removed reload button)
  • Offer reload button if urlbar is in focus
  • Added animation of extraToolbar
  • Added round boxes around fullscreen and close button in VideoPlayerComponent
  • Fixed button size of VideoPlayerComponent buttons
  • Set preferredMinimumContentsWidth for sites only optimized on desktop
  • Replaced close button in VideoPlayerComponent to fit rest of theme
  • Added TabListOverlay for quick switching between tabs (press and hold on tab/goto button in the bottom left when more than one tab open)
  • Added workaround for lipstick clipboard not updating bug

Donate using Liberapay

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
Update: Version 2.2.0 is available

The only new thing in the quickopening is a new TabListOverlay that will show up on long pressing the tab/goto button if more than one tab is open. Just like navigating the icons in the extraToolbar by dragging and highlighting you are now able to swipe up a little to highlight the various tabs and on let go switch to them.
Thanks for this! It would be even more usable (at least for me) if the tabs were listed on the bottom of the screen instead of the top.

Any chance of making the order of the extra toolbar icons to be user configurable? For example, I would like to have the reload closer to my thumb for easier access as I never use the sharing function anyway.

With the risk of sounding nit-picky, the orientation lock icon makes me think of a timer every time (yes, L for LOCK but I see it more as clock hands at 3 o'clock). Also, if you think it as L for LOCK then when the lock is actually in use the crossed out icon makes little sense, as it might as well symbolize the lock being disabled instead of the screen rotation

Thanks for this! It would be even more usable (at least for me) if the tabs were listed on the bottom of the screen instead of the top.
I tried that also but find no way to implement that sanely.
Rotating the widget is possible but then the highlighting stuff becomes a mess and does not work the way it should. And don't even think about opening up more tabs than fit on the list :P
So in general we need a upstream implementation in ListView which handles this right.
Sadly I don't see that coming.

Any chance of making the order of the extra toolbar icons to be user configurable? For example, I would like to have the reload closer to my thumb for easier access as I never use the sharing function anyway.
Oh this is a hard one as I never planned to make them configurable. So the code is static basically and it takes a lot of code changes and rewriting to make them dynamic.

With the risk of sounding nit-picky, the orientation lock icon makes me think of a timer every time (yes, L for LOCK but I see it more as clock hands at 3 o'clock). Also, if you think it as L for LOCK then when the lock is actually in use the crossed out icon makes little sense, as it might as well symbolize the lock being disabled instead of the screen rotation
I am using the default icons here and there naming scheme basically.

So in general sorry. But for now these feature requests I have to postpone and maybe will not be able to realize.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following User Says Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:

Tags
browser, webbrowser