Closed Thread
I spoke with Mer folks, and they don't feel like Mer wiki is suitable for vendor specific stuff. Any other proposals where to post the Q&A results? We can ask OpenTablets for it. That was Stskeeps's idea too.

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-11-13 at 19:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ York, Pa., USA
Any hardware info yet?

For sure not before the Slush event on November 21-22.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
On a side note, do you really want to post any potential answers to Maemo.org wiki, or in the light of latest concerns about various Wiki disappearances, and Maemo.org being "on the ropes", may be we can ask Mer folks to let us use some Mer wiki page for that? I'd prefer the later if it's acceptable.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...58#post1293858
http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...465#post906465

I've been following all the relevant threads on that, I don't think it's as bad as some think it is*, the council/BoD are very much abreast of what's going on, & have their own plans in progress.
Plus the community's been doing well at providing backs-up & limited/temporary hosting if/when needed, which I don't think will be necessary for long (or ever).
MeR's attitude towards hosting the content is disappointing, it would probably only be a temporary thing, so I don't know why they have a problem with it.
If the maemo.org wiki's not back up & maemo/meego overall is still not fully confirmed as being safe by the 21st, then I guess we should start thinking about other places the content can be hosted.
But really, if the issue's still not resolved by around then, we have more pressing matters than not having somewhere to host Q&A content about Sailfish/Jolla.

*Nokia's/others have confirmed that all the issue lately have been purely due to maintenance or security problems, nothing to do with premature shut-downs.
Nokia has always said we'll have plenty of notice before shut-downs occur, which is (& remains) the end of this year IIRC.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-11-14 at 16:28.

Stskeeps said they view Mer infrastructure as rather conservative and closely focused on Mer internal stuff only. I.e. they don't want to have broader Mer derivatives community to use Mer site as a substitute for TMO / Maemo.org wiki. So for example the idea of forum.merproject.org was rejected altogether. I don't think it's right for community sake, but that's their decision.

That's why coming up with some workable TMO and community Wiki alternative is important, to avoid fragmentation and duplication of effort. Hopefully that will happen.

Last edited by shmerl; 2012-11-14 at 22:04.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Okay unless others disagree (please offer a solid rationale, & please do so by no later than the 16th AustEST) lets aim to get a final draught to them by the 25/11 AustEST.
I hope some folks are still happy to manage the docs during that time, & remember everyone can add their content there until we lock them*, lets say by the 23/11?
This thread will remain active the whole time for discussing the content (or lack thereof) in the docs, & how best to organise/format, & formally present them.
Good points about keeping stskeeps in-the-loop & making it clear that it's coming from a person(s) well-known in the community, I did reference this thread when I nudged them a few days ago, so hopefully they at least read the 1st post.

*please be careful not to duplicate what others have already raised there.
Okay as per the above, it's well past the 16th now & no disagreements, so lets continue with approaching them AFTER Slush.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
I'm going to be real busy for at least the next 3 days, so I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to follow the entire conference carefully
I hope there's still a few willing to actively update the docs and discuss here? TIA!

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-11-21 at 10:28.

I'll try to review the videos when they'll appear on-line (I doubt I'll be able to see all of them in real time). Hopefully they'll be available right away. Then I'll go over the questions, put answers to those which were clarified on the event and we can make the PDF from the remaining ones to send it out.

If the videos won't be up soon and I'll miss the live stream, can anyone please go over the questions and mark those which were answered (don't remove them - just mark them and provide in short what was the answer).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
For those whom aren't sure what shmerl's talking about....
There's two documents into which we're adding content, then we're adding clarifications/answers for any content that's addressed in the conference.
Those two documents are in my sig, & their content and structure/formatting, is to be discussed in this thread.

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-11-21 at 07:57. Reason: typo

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
jolla, nokia-again?, not-so-open, totally closed, zipper is open