Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
We all had our expectations from jollas first device. And now it's alive and kicking. If your expectations were meet is up to you.

Either way it's time to look forward to jollas next device: jPhone ll

The mobile market moves in incredible speed and even if jolla isn't in the spec race they can't wait long before creating their next device.

So whats your thoughts/excpectations/requirement of jPhone ll?

Mine?

I would love to see a 5 inch screen and a hw keyboard but keyboard phones seems to be the blast of the past so it's just...forget it.

But 5 inch 1080 p screen. Top hw has moved to twice that when jolla are ready. I'm not sure I like this other half concept and hope they leave it behind. I also hope jolla trying to bring in some exclusive geeky feature to dif even more. Add to that 3 GB and an improved browser and I'm happy to pay top dollar. I hope you are too...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-12-14 at 20:20.

its called the nexus 5

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
i'd like to see threads similar to current one in Offtopic, not in general. Thanks

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
+1. Actually, the only thing that attracted me here was seeing it updated "by coderus - 13 minutes ago" in the panel on the right. Otherwise, just seeing the title was enough to figure out that this is just another Dave's rant.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
It not created in general. I should have created in the Jolla the other half. But I agree. More categories would be needed. Either in subs or in off topic.

So you are not intressted about what Jolla can afford and manage to put together and Sell? I think it's intriguing.

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-12-14 at 21:20.

The higher end spec the better as far as I'm concerned. I found Ubuntu Edge quite interesting because of that.
Throw best possible hardware you are capable to get, while keeping the package as sleek as possible. I'm happy to pay 1000 euros for a phone like that.

Can anybody find the original news about next Jolla phone? Wasn't it supposed to be lower end than the current phone?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
More categories would be needed.
Actually what *I* would like is a way to killfile a thread. Currently I can killfile only a member but that is not always appropriate. In my entire history of being on this forum I have done that only 4 times.

So you are not ingressted
Not the least.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by tissot View Post

Can anybody find the original news about next Jolla phone? Wasn't it supposed to be lower end than the current phone?
Yeah but that was a while back. I think it was before their plans to use ST-Ericsson chipset crumbled with the fall of St-Ericsson and caused delay from summer to winter. Would not put too much weight on it anymore.

They could just as well release a higher specced phone 6-12 months from now and keep current phone in production with lower price point.

Last edited by Rauha; 2013-12-14 at 22:05.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Actually what *I* would like is a way to killfile a thread. Currently I can killfile only a member but that is not always appropriate. In my entire history of being on this forum I have done that only 4 times.

Not the least.
Fair enough. But wouldn't it be better not to post in a thread you have no intresst in and go read something that suit you better?

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
.. .

Oh I haven't read or seen that. Hope they changed their minds. Would like to see it.

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-12-14 at 21:29.

If you keep calling our precious dinghy a "jayfone" I dont want one. [/flame]

Tags
spam and eggs