I'm thinking of buying an N800 but need to find out whether it's possible to use VZW's data network (EVDO I assume).
I just talked with a VZW support person and here's what he told me that's needed to use the $15 (in addtion to voice plan) BroadbandAccess plan via a bluetooth phone (served as a modem) to get on their data network:

1. a compatible bluetooth phone (my LG 8300 is one of them)
2. a bluetooth capable PC/Laptop/PC card/device (my future N800)
3. VZAccess Manager software (downloadable from vzam.net) which ONLY supports Windows and Mac OS

#3 is the killer because it doesn't support Linux/n800 OS. He said without it I won't be able to use the network.

Is this true?
Is there a VZAccessManager for Linux out there? or Do I have to have that software for N800 to use the network?

For those of you who got it working, could you help me out and tell me how exactly you did it and what I need?

I think $15 for unlimited data is a great price. I really want to know I can do it for N800 so to justify this $400 purchase.

Thank you so much for your help!

3 isnt needed, you just connect through bluetooth DUN. look around and you'll find what you need

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Chicago, IL, USA
To use data via a cell acting as your "modem", there are some connection details you need to know such as the APN name. The VZAccess Manager is primarily setting up these configuration details for end-users that don't know (or care) about how it all works under the hood. But it is not required.

I don't use Verizon, so don't know what their APN is. But if you head over http://www.howardforums.com/ and look in the Verizon sub-forum, I'm sure you'll be able to find the connection profile information for Verizon's data network.