Alright chaps, the bugle has sounded and the call has been made. We need a developer device, an N900 that is. Maemo developer zeq is rather shy so you may not have heard of him. He has however been critical in getting the next phase of N900 madness off the ground. I am of course referring the holy grail, the big kahuna, the future of cSSU...Thumb2!

Working tirelessly behind the scenes, zeq and FMG have been for the past few months building a new N900 toolchain that brings the speed and power of libgcc4.7.2, thumb2 and linaro to our mighty N900s. In addition to this they have been porting fennec v17 to the N900. Only by the power of thumb (and porting the QT gui as well) is fennec now actually getting to a usable state. It is so good in fact some alpha testers have described it as 'better than fennec on android with 1.5GHz dual core processors and 1GB of ram'.

Anyway, zeq; godbless his little cotton socks needs an N900 to develop on. This can be solved in 1 of 2 ways.

1. YOU donate him your old (fully working!) N900.
2. We have a fund raising drive to purchase one on his behalf.

I do not really expect option 1 to work. That leaves 2. So if we all pledge to chip in a small amount, ANY amount we can buy him a second hand one. We have 2 donors already.

I know this will work because you may recall we banded together to overcome such obstacles before. Do you remember the davyp donation drive that facilitated the creation of a native j2me environment for the n900?

We can do it again guys!

20 euro - Joerg 'docscruntiniser' rw
20 euro - Vi_
10 euro - Nicolai
10 euro - Ernedorn
5 euro - bingomion
5 euro - thedead1440
40 euro - StefanL
--------------------

Total = 110 euro

MIssion accomplished!

We have enough! Thank you to all those who have pledged! I have sent out PMs with my paypal address to collect the money.

Last edited by vi_; 2012-07-31 at 13:51.

The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Kinda makes me wish I still had my N900(s).

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nicolai For This Useful Post:
Thank you Nicolai! We are now 1/3 of the way there already!

First post:Updated.

Last edited by vi_; 2012-07-31 at 13:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
I'll chime in with 15 bucks, provided I can wire them somewhere within the EU. Not interested in paypal and stuff...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to foobar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
I pledge 10€ too.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
hmm.. I don't use CSSU and I doubt i'll use fennec..
but hey put me down for 5euros
Another developer is always welcomed

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by foobar View Post
I'll chime in with 15 bucks, provided I can wire them somewhere within the EU. Not interested in paypal and stuff...
Thank you, all donations greatly received.

However can you specify a currency? (I am assuming euros however I need to be clear).

Unfortunately we are relying on paypal as there is not really any viable alternative. Unless of course you can suggest one?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
5Euros from me too...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 298 | Thanked: 341 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ This world :)
I can give $50.00. I would give him my spare N900, but the back cover magnet under the stand is missing, which disqualifies it from being a fully functional N900.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to StefanL For This Useful Post: