Notices

This is a great start for this beta app. Thanks to the developers for working on it, and hopefully continuing to work out the bugs and add features and capabilities.

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Originally Posted by iball View Post
That's OK....I WISH the N800 VC app was as rock-solid as the S60 podcast client.
Maybe those two teams should do lunch sometime...
For sure, I think the fragmentation within Nokia when they have departments competing against each other is counter-intuitive to say the least. I went to a S60 meetup in NYC and talked to some of the Nokians there, I had an N800 on me and most of the engineers there were almost downright disdainful about it, one of them was even pissed off at them because they used Opera instead of a webkit based browser (I agreed with him). Anyway communication between departments hould be better.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Chicago, IL, USA
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Yes. Be sure that you didn't do anything stupid like use symlinks on the card forcing the program to go into an infinite loop (as several people here have done in the past).
Nope, nothing like that on the card. Aside from a few images, and moving my Maemo Mapper Maps folder to it, the card is basically empty.

I see a few posts down from you that someone else has mentioned it doesn't see their internal memory card, only an external memory card. My card is in the internal slot.

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
It looks like Videocenter doesn't use the proxy settings. Why that?
edit:
i am not behind a proxy at the moment but anyway it looks like like something more general about proxy is wrong (see bug report where you have to BLANK OUT the proxy ip address and not only disable it). i'll post a bug report if I can investigate

Otherwise , let's be fair,great application! My problem is minor

Last edited by free; 2007-09-15 at 10:46.

Hello.

Where do all of you get your feeds?
Feeds that can be found from Service Catalogue work well but I really don't care their content.
This Video cast thing is new to me so I went goggled for some shows and ended up to site called www.videopodcasts.tv. Now I got those rss feeds subscribed but neither will mplayer or media player play the files. They are in mp4 and m4v format description of files show that they are H.264, AAC. I really don't know what filetypes are supported and what aren't. These propably aren't the supported ones.
Is there any way I can get those videopodcasts to work with the Video Center?

Another question is what is this Internet TV? Where can I find feeds to that one? Can I use N800 to stream veoh or what?

How does one go about adding video feeds such as Revision 3 stuff?

It's a shame we don't have a way to play back .mp4 files on the n800. MPlayer shows them but won't play any that I've found. If we could play .mp4 files then there are hundreds of video podcasts that could be used with video center.

Originally Posted by Sloan View Post
It's a shame we don't have a way to play back .mp4 files on the n800. MPlayer shows them but won't play any that I've found. If we could play .mp4 files then there are hundreds of video podcasts that could be used with video center.
MP4 is a filename extension.
It depends on whether or not it was encoded in non-N800-compatible H.264 or N800-compatible MPEG-4 format.
But you're right, it's a damn shame nonetheless.

Banned | Posts: 138 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2007
Originally Posted by thomasdawes View Post
How does one go about adding video feeds such as Revision 3 stuff?
Goto services in video center and add new internet video. Name it, then paste the url address in(show urls below) and leave username and password blank. The xvid are the only ones that start to stream using the mplayer as the external player. Best just to download it first since they don't have mobile version of xvid on revision, and it can freeze sometimes when streaming directly -well depending on your connection.

Diggnation:
http://revision3.com/diggnation/feed/xvid-small
TRS:
http://revision3.com/trs/feed/xvid-small
Systm:
http://revision3.com/systm/feed/xvid-small
Indigital:
http://revision3.com/indigital/feed/xvid-small